Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Puig Screen Visor  (Read 604 times)

Offline Grandpop

• Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Carlisle
Puig Screen Visor
« on: 11 August, 2018, 04:59:37 PM »
Hi All,

I have a Puig screen on my 2011 CBF1000 which looks the part and does an excellent job up 65mph. Anything over 65mph and I get a lot of buffering and wind noise, if I crouch down about 50mm then its a different world, no wind, no noise - brilliant.  I have tried various screen positions, the highest position is the best.
My question is: Will fitting a visor to the Puig screen help, or is it a case of fitting a touring screen.
Many thanks

Offline Pan404

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000F
  • City / Town: ELGIN
Re: Puig Screen Visor
« Reply #1 on: 11 August, 2018, 07:01:28 PM »
I'm thinking of the Puig, so your post has my attention.

Can I ask how tall you are

Offline Grandpop

« Reply #2 on: 11 August, 2018, 07:14:31 PM »
I am 5' 8" so not that lanky! I have been checking out some of the E-bay offerings, Puig are very expensive but the fittings look better than some of the cheaper alternatives from China.

Offline Pan404

• CBF Member
« Reply #3 on: 11 August, 2018, 07:58:12 PM »
That's  the same height as me, so the Puig may have to be deleted from my list. Time to research the Ernax and Powerbronze.

I take it you have your seat on the lowest setting

Offline Grandpop

« Reply #4 on: 11 August, 2018, 08:28:07 PM »
Yep, the seat on the lowest setting.  Check out the MRA Screen from bikehps (E-bay shop) about £104 and it has an adjustable wind deflector.

Offline Pan404

• CBF Member
« Reply #5 on: 11 August, 2018, 09:31:18 PM »
Thanks for your help

Offline wpbrown

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000 A
  • City / Town: Portadown
« Reply #6 on: 12 August, 2018, 10:40:30 PM »
Rather than another screen you could try Palmer adjustable brackets. This will enable you to increase the height and angle of your existing screen.
I combined Palmer brackets with an MRA vario and very pleased with the result. I'm 5'9" by the way.

Offline Pan404

• CBF Member
« Reply #7 on: 12 August, 2018, 11:07:58 PM »
Thanks for the info.

I didn't even know such a thing existed, but having looked on their website may well give them a call.

Offline Tommo2

• CBF Master
  • Proud owner of CBF 1000GT FAC, MZ 301, Jawa 350
  • Bike: CBF1000GT 2016
  • City / Town: Stevenage
« Reply #8 on: 13 August, 2018, 07:34:35 AM »
I didn't know they existed either! Would have bought this had I known. Looks to be rather a big gap at the bottom of the screen, what is it like in the rain? I see Palmer produce a screen baffle for the winter, which suggests maybe that the elements come up from below the screen. Your views please Mr Brown?

Offline Grandpop

« Reply #9 on: 13 August, 2018, 01:18:45 PM »
I removed my Puig screen this morning just to get a look at the brackets. I noticed the adjustment was only about 100m from the lowest setting, I moved the screen up to this position by gripping both sides of the screen and lifting it up. With the screen removed I was able to move each bracket up to the highest position, about another 120mm I then re-fitted the screen. I am pretty sure this maximum adjustment wasn't possible with the screen fitted! Haven't had a chance for a test ride yet, maybe later today...  Hopefully, this extra adjustment will solve the problem of wind buffeting.

diverse-leafy