Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Puig Screen Visor  (Read 810 times)

Offline Ali-bear

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Mk2 Biffer
  • City / Town: Bristol
Re: Puig Screen Visor
« Reply #10 on: 13 August, 2018, 02:07:12 PM »
Unless you have the big fairing and screen of a proper big touring bike you will always face some compromise with wind protection and buffeting. Personally I find the Puig to be pretty good.
The up/down adjustability gives you some choice about the protection/buffeting balance point. I tend to put it higher for long journeys on fast roads and down for more relaxed enjoy-the-scenery type riding.
Earplugs, though, are a must and I nearly always have them in.
Designed in Japan, assembled in Italy, fiddled with in Britain

Offline Leofric

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: 2012CBF1000FA
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
« Reply #11 on: 14 August, 2018, 12:23:47 AM »
Can't understand how the Palmer baffle does not affect the performance of the screen on the brackets. I thought the idea of the brackets was to create a bigger gap between the screen and the fairing cowl to allow more airflow up the back of the screen.

Offline wpbrown

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000 A
  • City / Town: Portadown
« Reply #12 on: 20 December, 2018, 09:04:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tommo2 [+]
I didn't know they existed either! Would have bought this had I known. Looks to be rather a big gap at the bottom of the screen, what is it like in the rain? I see Palmer produce a screen baffle for the winter, which suggests maybe that the elements come up from below the screen. Your views please Mr Brown?

Tommo, only noticed your comment now, 4 months later so apologies for that.
There is a gap at the bottom but this serves to reduce buffeting and wind noise. I can ride 80mph very comfortably. Personally I don't see the need for the baffle, the screen still puts the wind/rain around and over me.

Offline Leofric

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: 2012CBF1000FA
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
« Reply #13 on: 20 December, 2018, 06:07:24 PM »
I have some Palmer brackets for a mk2 CBF1000FA screen for sale if anybody is interested. Good as new with all the easily adjustable fittings.
Regards

diverse-leafy