Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tom Tom 550  (Read 599 times)

Offline phild

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-B
  • City / Town: North Somerset
Re: Tom Tom 550
« Reply #10 on: 12 August, 2018, 12:13:24 PM »
Thanks Boris, I’ve got a MK2 so not the same layout.

Over the years I’ve done the car sat nav in a bag etc, mobile phone is not practical for me, so I’d prefer to stick with a bike sat nav. I don’t change my technology as soon as a new ‘whatever it is’ comes out, hence my 660 being over 6 years old before it gave up. That had survived extreme weather conditions and numerous drops on hotel floors!

I thought more people on here would have a Tom Tom rider, of some description, but it appears not.  :187:  :028:

Offline Boris

• CBF Member
  • Bike: A7
  • City / Town: Taunton
« Reply #11 on: 12 August, 2018, 12:18:40 PM »
I decided to buy a bike dedicated GPS mainly to be able to connect Bluetooth headphones. After I did, I found it impractical and don't bother anymore. If I was to not a sat nav today, it'd be a car unit and a homemade waterproof case with power supply.

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
  • Scuba divers do it with masks on!!
  • Bike: bird + CBF1000
  • City / Town: Wakefield
« Reply #12 on: 12 August, 2018, 08:40:31 PM »
I'm a Garmin man myself, have the Zumo 550 and decided to "upgrade" to a 660,  I use it for phone, sat nav, ETC, wouldn't have bothered if I had known how little difference there is between the two!!
A newbie to the Biffer, owned a Bird for 17 years, and looking forward to long term ownership of my CBF!!

Offline phild

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-B
  • City / Town: North Somerset
« Reply #13 on: 12 August, 2018, 10:05:43 PM »
I had a 660 until it broke after 6 years. Tried the new595, which was pants and had to demand my money back! If it had worked as well as the 660 I’d have been more than happy to stay with Garmin.

Still no feedback from any Tom Tom owners?  :187:

diverse-leafy