Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Generator question  (Read 678 times)

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • -
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
Re: Generator question
« Reply #10 on: 07 August, 2018, 02:35:07 PM »
Re. The video.

If you use (are supplied with) the correct connector/gauge/plug and tooling for the job in hand, crimping is 100% fine and correct and you should not solder.  It is the preferred industry standard.

Electrex are covering themselves against poor crimping.  Any electrically poor joint will overheat with a decent current through it and this is why often (not noticed on the biffers) Hondas have failed stator to RR joint plugs fail (melt).
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
  • Scuba divers do it with masks on!!
  • Bike: bird + CBF1000
  • City / Town: Wakefield
« Reply #11 on: 07 August, 2018, 03:50:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by jm2 [+]
Re. The video.

If you use (are supplied with) the correct connector/gauge/plug and tooling for the job in hand, crimping is 100% fine and correct and you should not solder.  It is the preferred industry standard.

Electrex are covering themselves against poor crimping.  Any electrically poor joint will overheat with a decent current through it and this is why often (not noticed on the biffers) Hondas have failed stator to RR joint plugs fail (melt).

I intend to use this as a spare, to take with me, having owned a Bird for 17 + years I actually cut the plugs off and soldered the wires and had no problems with genny or reg rec since, I don't intend doing the same to this one as it would make things a tad more difficult to swap if need be, I appreciate your confirmation of suitability and advise, it's blokes like yourself that make forums like this worth while belonging to  :020:

*Originally Posted by Boris [+]
How long did it take to arrive?

I ordered it on 28t july and it got here pretty quickly.  :156:
A newbie to the Biffer, owned a Bird for 17 years, and looking forward to long term ownership of my CBF!!

Offline richardcbf

• CBF God
  • Try Google (" site:cbf1000.com + search word/s ")
  • Bike: CBF1000s Mk1/Mk2
  • City / Town: Surrey ('TW')
« Reply #12 on: 07 August, 2018, 07:46:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ianrobbo1 [+]
I intend to use this as a spare, to take with me, having owned a Bird for 17 + years I actually cut the plugs off and soldered the wires and had no problems with genny or reg rec since, I don't intend doing the same to this one as it would make things a tad more difficult to swap if need be, I appreciate your confirmation of suitability and advise, it's blokes like yourself that make forums like this worth while belonging to  :020:

I ordered it on 28t july and it got here pretty quickly:156:

Me too, but not arrived yet (ordered on 29 July, expected by 10 August), thanks for the heads up about the item.
(No one ever said on their deathbed, "Gee, I wish I had spent more time alone with my computer." Danielle Berry.) http://hmpg.net/

Recent Topics