Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bypass loom  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Westoneboy

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Cbf1000 2007
  • City / Town: North Ayrshire
Re: Bypass loom
« Reply #10 on: 25 August, 2018, 06:39:16 PM »
Bike stopped charging today. I Checked the fuse on my bypass loom and the 30 amp fuse had completely melted. This bike has me at my wits end.

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • -
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
« Reply #11 on: 26 August, 2018, 10:10:01 AM »
Melted implies overheated.
Heat caused by poor (relatively) high resistance, bad contacts, too lighter gauge wire.

Or do you mean the just fuse itself went (as that's how they work, melt) and the wiring, holder etc. is all as new ?

Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline Westoneboy

• CBF Member
« Reply #12 on: 26 August, 2018, 07:07:08 PM »
I mean it has melted the plastic part of the fuse in to the fuse holder and completely knackered it. The loom was made to the advised spec on here using heavy gauge wire and a 30 amp inline holder. Does that mean that the rectifier is letting too much power through to the battery and if it where not for the fuse could have caused serious damage to the battery.

Offline Westoneboy

• CBF Member
« Reply #13 on: 01 September, 2018, 10:28:01 AM »
I am at the end of the road with this bike and thinking of getting rid if I can't get the charging system sorted soon. Please could anyone on here  help me as I have replaced just about every part of the system. I love riding this  bike when it goes bit just do not have any faith in it's reliability. I have ridden Hondas for slmost 45 years and this is the least reliable one ever. I have toured all over the continent even to the Moto GP in Portugal but I would never attemp any distance on this machine. What a pitty that Honda put such a poor charging system on it as it could have been a good bike.

Offline Westoneboy

• CBF Member
« Reply #14 on: 02 September, 2018, 09:03:43 AM »
*Originally Posted by Westoneboy [+]
I am at the end of the road with this bike and thinking of getting rid if I can't get the charging system sorted soon. Please could anyone on here  help me as I have replaced just about every part of the system. I love riding this  bike when it goes but just do not have any faith in it's reliability. I have ridden Hondas for almost 45 years and this is the least reliable one ever. I have toured all over the continent even to the Moto GP in Portugal but I would never attemp any distance on this machine. What a pitty that Honda put such a poor charging system on it as it could have been a good bike.

Recent Topics

diverse-leafy