Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Help with wiring a new display, particularly the Tachometer  (Read 164 times)

Offline type1carl

• Bike: Honda CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Heywood
Hi all,
I have been racking my brain for some time with this and am quite frustrated  :013:

I have a CBF1000a 58 plate from a friend without any fairing, He had altered the front framework so I had the original clocks and the screen on there but it didn't look very nice.

I decided to purchase a Chinese copy called an ss182 of which I think is a Koso knock off.
So far I have succeeded in wiring everything up apart from my tachometer which is driving me mad as I have limited electrical knowledge.

Please help!!!

I have read various places online that I cant use the existing green and yellow wire that feeds the tacho in the original dash plug although I have tried. I have also attempted to touch the wire to a terminal on one of the coils after reading something about a pulse.
I have also slid small bits of wire into each terminal on part 6 of the attached picture (red plug) but not had any life from it.

Does anybody know where Im going wrong and are able to help me out?

Much appreciated :152:

Recent Topics