Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Don't cha just lurrrve football?  (Read 180 times)

Offline Flying Fox

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Thornbury
Don't cha just lurrrve football?
« on: 12 July, 2018, 01:32:02 PM »
In anticipation of traffic-free roads last night I took the Biffer out for a ride along one of the best spoilt runs in Somerset; a Westbound thrash towards the setting sun along a straight, undulating B road finishing up with a winding snarl down Burrington Coombe (SW bikers know what I mean). Usually Burrington Coombe is solid with a mix of keb-to-kerb lycra louts playing Tour-de-France shouting at everyone to get out of their way, humble bumble saloons trundling along drifting all over the place as their drivers garp at the scenery and roood boyz called Gazza ending up on the wrong side of the road as they discover their moa cann't corner at the speeds they are going at whilst trying to impress their bitch Shazza.

Not last night.

For the first part of the ride, to quote T E Lawence, "So long as roads were tarred blue and straight; not hedged; and empty and dry, so long I was rich...... The burble of my exhaust unwound like a long cord behind me. Soon my speed snapped it, and I heard only the cry of the wind which my battering head split and fended aside. The cry rose with my speed to a shriek".

It's what motorbikes were made for. A polluting waste of expensive and scarce oil-based fuel? You betcha. Roll on England success in Euro 2020.
"...and still the Red Queen cried, 'Faster! Faster!'"

Offline Silverdart

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000-A
  • City / Town: Kitchener ON
Re: Don't cha just lurrrve football?
« Reply #1 on: 12 July, 2018, 06:06:09 PM »
Diggin' your writing style, dude.  :028:
Old enough to have seen it all, heard it all, done it all. Just can't remember it all.