Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2 Wire Alarms and H.I.S.S  (Read 179 times)

Offline robjo2112

• Ride safe. Ride like the wind!
  • Bike: CBF1000 09
  • City / Town: Stokesley
2 Wire Alarms and H.I.S.S
« on: 05 July, 2018, 10:23:17 PM »
I intend to put an alarm on the bike as my last one got nicked twice in three days last October. It is a simple two wire alarm designed to go off should someone try to move the bike when armed. Someone has said, rather forcefully to me, that it might be a bad idea, so I am asking if you all have experience of such a thing. After the theft I bought a Vstrom and put one on that, and there were no issues with the bike at all. Does it mess with the HISS?

Please advise.

Rob  :300: :031:
Remember, life is meant to be fun!

Offline alan sh

• Article Editor
  • CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000/CB1300
  • City / Town: Rochdale
Re: 2 Wire Alarms and H.I.S.S
« Reply #1 on: 06 July, 2018, 10:31:00 AM »
I would guess that it just connects to the battery. If so, then, no, it won't affect HISS. What it will do is drain your battery !!!!

Alan
Red MK II with full luggage, MRA screen, hugger, crash bungs, heated grips and Autocom.
CB1300SA with a few bits.
https://ourbikingholidays.wordpress.com/
https://mybikinghistory.wordpress.com/

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
  • Scuba divers do it with masks on!!
  • Bike: bird + CBF1000
  • City / Town: Wakefield
« Reply #2 on: 06 July, 2018, 01:00:35 PM »
You could put a flashing led somewhere noticeable with an on off switch hidden, that would tell the casual tea leaf that there may be an alarm on the bike and not flatten your battery, cheaper as well by far. :007:   
A newbie to the Biffer, owned a Bird for 17 years, and looking forward to long term ownership of my CBF!!

Offline kurt

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: '08 cbf 1000
  • City / Town: Almonte, Ontario
« Reply #3 on: 10 July, 2018, 03:20:46 AM »