Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: ECM/33P Connectors  (Read 263 times)

Offline Stan

• Bike: cbf1000fa
  • City / Town: Essex
ECM/33P Connectors
« on: 05 July, 2018, 10:00:59 PM »
Hello

I need to unplug the 33P connectors from the ECM of my 2011 Mk 2 biffer. The grey connector is easily accessed the black however is clamped to the ECM by a two piece black metal clamp, the two pieces of which are held together by two dome headed bolts. The bolt heads have recesses but these are circular and quite smooth and therefore the bolts cannot be slackened by an Allen key or similar tool. There is no mention of this clamp in the manual. What tool should I use to slacken the bolts ?

BTW what does EGCV POT stand for - Exhaust Gas Control Valve...

Thanks
Stan

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • -
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
Re: ECM/33P Connectors
« Reply #1 on: 05 July, 2018, 11:00:38 PM »
Are you sure, from what I remember (a while ago now) once the metal ECU strap/bracket was off (two hex-headed screws either side of the ECU itself both plugs were accessible and have the same tab locking arrangement.

But it was a while ago and I may not have the plugs off.

BTW. If by your note you are chasing an EGCV fault (with MIL light) you'll as likely find the cables tight/corroded/otherwise non-maintained and now a poorly motor.  You can disconnect them without any problems, whether your motor is servicable with no-load on it would have to be tested.
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline Ali-bear

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Mk2 Biffer
  • City / Town: Bristol
Re: ECM/33P Connectors
« Reply #2 on: 06 July, 2018, 09:37:54 AM »
Exhaust servo eliminator boxes are cheap and easy to install  :028:
Designed in Japan, assembled in Italy, fiddled with in Britain

Recent Topics