Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: One year and 5000 miles on a Crosstourer  (Read 806 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline J-man

  • CBF Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 541
  • Bike: CBF1000A6
  • Country: Belgium
Re: One year and 5000 miles on a Crosstourer
« Reply #10 on: 08 July, 2018, 09:50:11 PM »
Thanks for sharing the experiences  :028:
I'm currently drooling over beemer R 1000 RS. God forgive me?

Offline Ali-bear

  • CBF Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 271
  • Bike: Mk2 Biffer
  • City / Town: Bristol
  • Country: GB
Re: One year and 5000 miles on a Crosstourer
« Reply #11 on: 09 July, 2018, 01:43:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by J-man [+]
I'm currently drooling over beemer R 1000 RS. God forgive me?

The old airhead thing? Must be a classic and going up in value by now
Designed in Japan, assembled in Italy, fiddled with in Britain

Offline J-man

  • CBF Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 541
  • Bike: CBF1000A6
  • Country: Belgium
Re: One year and 5000 miles on a Crosstourer
« Reply #12 on: 09 July, 2018, 06:39:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ali-bear [+]
The old airhead thing? Must be a classic and going up in value by now
OOOOOpsss typooo, must have been R 1200 RS  :158:

Huge wheels base and rake, wonder if it turns swift.
Is mentioning beemer like swearing?  :016:
« Last Edit: 09 July, 2018, 06:46:56 PM by J-man »

Offline Ali-bear

  • CBF Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 271
  • Bike: Mk2 Biffer
  • City / Town: Bristol
  • Country: GB
Re: One year and 5000 miles on a Crosstourer
« Reply #13 on: 10 July, 2018, 10:01:38 AM »
Well if you must have one, that does look quite handy  :015:
If I wasn't sworn off them I would have that in my list of potential biffer replacements
Designed in Japan, assembled in Italy, fiddled with in Britain

Offline WileyCoyote

  • CBF Member
  • **
  • Posts: 36
  • Bike: CBF1000A GT
  • City / Town: Cheshire
  • Country: UK
Re: One year and 5000 miles on a Crosstourer
« Reply #14 on: 10 July, 2018, 10:34:14 AM »
Very nice too !   Had a test ride on a new one back in February and found it quite good, very tempted in fact but the price (new) and set up with luggage etc. for touring was around £15K  :005:
Downsides were the riding/seating position was a little too sporty for me, the gear change was positively "agricultural" compared to a CBF, even with the quick-shifter (not sure of its' value or effectiveness on a touring bike)  Most surprisingly, for a bike of that cost, it had the worst instrument panel I have ever come across !
Sticking with old faithful for the foreseeable future.

Offline J-man

  • CBF Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 541
  • Bike: CBF1000A6
  • Country: Belgium
Re: One year and 5000 miles on a Crosstourer
« Reply #15 on: 10 July, 2018, 11:37:33 AM »
*Originally Posted by WileyCoyote [+]
Very nice too !   Had a test ride on a new one back in February and found it quite good, very tempted in fact but the price (new) and set up with luggage etc. for touring was around £15K  :005:
Downsides were the riding/seating position was a little too sporty for me, the gear change was positively "agricultural" compared to a CBF, even with the quick-shifter (not sure of its' value or effectiveness on a touring bike)  Most surprisingly, for a bike of that cost, it had the worst instrument panel I have ever come across !
Sticking with old faithful for the foreseeable future.
In line with many reviews.
Sorry for not being on topic of Crosstourer  :034:

Offline Noddy

  • CBF Member
  • **
  • Posts: 40
Re: One year and 5000 miles on a Crosstourer
« Reply #16 on: 10 July, 2018, 12:12:34 PM »
I started this thread for people thinking of moving from the biffer to the Crosstourer. I think it's great that people are talking about other alternatives. I should have tried more bikes before I made my choice.

John

Offline Tommo2

  • CBF Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 184
  • Proud owner of CBF 1000GT FAC, MZ 301, Jawa 350
  • Bike: CBF1000GT 2016
  • City / Town: Stevenage
  • Country: UK
Re: One year and 5000 miles on a Crosstourer
« Reply #17 on: 10 July, 2018, 02:47:46 PM »
Whilst at Milton Keynes bike show Sunday, was very impressed with Triumph Tiger 800 XR.....

 


diverse-leafy