Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bridgestone or pilots  (Read 1395 times)

Offline alantriggs

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Mk2
  • City / Town: Royston
Re: Bridgestone or pilots
« Reply #10 on: 07 June, 2018, 11:40:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by Kentcolin [+]
I have a 2 yr old Biffer which has done just under 8000 miles. I've  ordered a pair of Bridgestone BT31's to be fitted next week to to replace the original BT57's. I know the Michelin's are meant to be great but they would have been 50 quid dearer. They can't be that much better ! I've  never had problems with Bridgestones in the past 5 years, they suit the bike

I just changed from the BT57s to T31s -you'll notice a huge improvement !!
better to wear out rather than to rust out..

Offline Kentcolin

• Bike: Cbf1000GT
  • City / Town: Rochester
« Reply #11 on: 07 June, 2018, 04:16:36 PM »
Thanks Alan

Offline Dave Scotland

• Bike: Honda CBF1000
  • City / Town: Irvine
« Reply #12 on: 17 November, 2018, 09:10:15 PM »
I had original 8 year old squared off Bridgstones & just changed for new Michelin PR5's cos that's what was on special offer at time. I immediately felt a difference & a he'll of a lot more confident. I'd just stick to manufacturers recommended tyres anyway, they spent a lot of money developing & testing that bike so I guess must have far better idea than me what tyre to fit. Plus I'm not likely to go riding the bike anywhere near the maximum limits for tyres etc

Online J-man

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000A6
« Reply #13 on: 18 November, 2018, 09:52:32 AM »
Fairly new PR4 on the back, but I need a new front tyre (dunlop roadsmart2 now), gonna choose a road5 for that I think.

I would choose another brand if anything is better but I suppose keeping it both with same brand makes sense somehow.