Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Ride in, reverse out?  (Read 2302 times)

Offline Beans

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A7 2007
  • City / Town: STOCKPORT
Re: Ride in, reverse out?
« Reply #10 on: 07 June, 2018, 07:07:44 PM »
Great stuff thanks for the link to the turntable 👍

Offline Beans

• CBF Member
« Reply #12 on: 15 June, 2018, 08:23:04 AM »
Turntable should be delivered today so will update this thread with my verdict.

Offline Biker Mike

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000FAB
  • City / Town: Poole, Dorset
« Reply #13 on: 15 June, 2018, 08:24:09 AM »
*Originally Posted by Beans [+]
Turntable should be delivered today so will update this thread with my verdict.
We'll want to see a video of it on YouTube
 :018:

Offline Beans

• CBF Member
« Reply #14 on: 21 June, 2018, 08:58:40 PM »
Well, my verdict isn't good I'm afraid. The height of the turntable means that the centre stand operation is affected. Whilst its not thick by any means, the angle of the stand at the point where you are pushing down on it changes. This makes putting it on the stand virtually impossible. The only thing I can think of is to have the turntable sunk in the driveway so it is flush with the drive.

If none of this makes sense then I will draw a diagram ☺

Offline hondacbf

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Durham
« Reply #15 on: 21 June, 2018, 09:36:14 PM »
If you get 2 pieces of ply or similar about 300x300 mm
square and the thickness of the depth of the turntable,
Then position these so you can push the bikes wheels onto them, then position the turntable under the centre stand, then you should be able to hoist the bike onto its centre stand as normal.  Otherwise sink it in the concrete.
I only use my centre stand when parking up in the garage and use the above method (no turntable though) using a couple of pieces of ply 15mm thick and it makes putting the bike on the centre stand easy with a lot less effort.

Offline davidjg

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-C GT
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #16 on: 22 June, 2018, 01:56:55 PM »
Sorry to learn that you are disappointed with the turntable, especially as I posted how good it is. I have now used it on 2 bikes (my last BMW) and my present CBF1000FAC GT, and also use it on my friends’ bikes without any problems when they visit. I admit it takes a slight more effort to get the bike lifted onto the turntable than without the turntable, but bear in mind that I am a 63-year-old weakling who has had 47 years practice of putting bikes on centre stands.. Have never even considered or checked the angle of centre stand feet to the turntable, as I have never had any problem with it. If you lived closer to East London, I would ride up to you help you.

Offline Ali-bear

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Mk2 Biffer
  • City / Town: Bristol
« Reply #17 on: 22 June, 2018, 02:34:42 PM »
CBF is not the easiest to get up on centre stand. Could do with a grab point on the frame LHS.
Watch out the turntable doesn't shift or rotate during the operation. Nothing worse than some unexpected movement when you are trying to get it up  :002:
Designed in Japan, assembled in Italy, fiddled with in Britain

Offline Beans

• CBF Member
« Reply #18 on: 22 June, 2018, 03:17:33 PM »
The turntable itself is very well made and on the single occasion I was able to use it as intended I was indeed delighted. Centre stands are new to me so I don't have more than two weeks experience in total. I can usually get the biffer on the centre stand in favourable conditions, and hard work! but only once with the turntable beneath. I'm no physicist but the difference I suspect is that I have different angles with my levers, relatively small but significant. Especially seeing the bike in general maybe isn't the easiest to do?
Certainly don't apologise.
« Last Edit: 22 June, 2018, 03:21:06 PM by Beans »

Offline davidjg

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-C GT
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #19 on: 22 June, 2018, 03:35:11 PM »
hi. Practise will make it easier and make you more confident. Put it on the centre stand whenever you can. The CBF is not the easiest of bikes to put on the centre stand, but when you master it you will not have a problem doing the same with most other bikes. Good luck..

diverse-leafy