Author Topic: Screen mirrors  (Read 2823 times)

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: bird + CBF1000
  • City / Town: Wakefield
Screen mirrors
on: 25 May, 2018, 04:29:58 PM
Don't know if this is the correct section to put this, but I'm looking for one of those mirrors that stick to the screen so you can see either side of you and yourself at the same time, I've tried "convex bike mirror" etc but come back with nothing, does anyone know what they are called or have a link please  :012:
A newbie to the Biffer, owned a Bird for 19 years, and looking forward to long term ownership of my CBF!!

Offline Shed

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: Newcastle
Re: Screen mirrors
Reply #1 on: 25 May, 2018, 04:58:59 PM
Is this what you're after?

It's called RiderScan...

http://www.huntercreate.com

Last Edit: 25 May, 2018, 05:03:37 PM by Shed

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: 25 May, 2018, 05:15:13 PM
*Originally Posted by Shed [+]
Is this what you're after?

It's called RiderScan...

http://www.huntercreate.com

yes,  :020: thank you, with a name like that it's hardly surprising I couldnt find them. :159:
A newbie to the Biffer, owned a Bird for 19 years, and looking forward to long term ownership of my CBF!!

Offline Shed

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: Newcastle
Reply #3 on: 25 May, 2018, 05:23:38 PM
No probs, you're welcome.

I heard they were indeed going to use the name you gave them, "one of those mirrors that stick to the screen so you can see either side of you and yourself at the same time", but apparently there wasn't enough room on the box, so they came up with RiderScan instead  :028:

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: 25 May, 2018, 07:23:32 PM
*Originally Posted by Shed [+]
No probs, you're welcome.

I heard they were indeed going to use the name you gave them, "one of those mirrors that stick to the screen so you can see either side of you and yourself at the same time", but apparently there wasn't enough room on the box, so they came up with RiderScan instead  :028:

:062: Perhaps they should have stuck it in a bigger box  :005: :mfrlol:

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #5 on: 30 May, 2018, 09:13:30 PM
Well it's arrived, looks to be okay, wasnt cheap and was just stuffed into a plastic post bag, not what I would call safe, nevermind it arrived undamaged and seems an easy fitment.

Offline davidjg

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-C GT
  • City / Town: London
Reply #6 on: 31 May, 2018, 02:46:45 PM
Hi. Would be great if you could post your opinions on it when you have fitted it, plus some photos of it fitted to your bike: as I am very interested in getting one. Being a bit of a sceptic the first thing I thought of when seeing it was the effect of it possibly direct the sun onto plastic parts (e.g. instrument consul) and warping/melting them - a problem that occurred with the BMW F800S some years ago when owners put some types of after market screens on. However as it is a convex curve rather than a concave one, my worry may be unfounded.

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #7 on: 31 May, 2018, 08:45:48 PM
It'll take a bit of time as I'm still struggling with the results of the stroke, I will put it against my girlfriends hornet to show you,  :007: no chance of it melting anything in my personal opinion.
                                                                          I put it against my screen instead.                                       

*Originally Posted by davidjg [+]
Hi. Would be great if you could post your opinions on it when you have fitted it, plus some photos of it fitted to your bike: as I am very interested in getting one. Being a bit of a sceptic the first thing I thought of when seeing it was the effect of it possibly direct the sun onto plastic parts (e.g. instrument consul) and warping/melting them - a problem that occurred with the BMW F800S some years ago when owners put some types of after market screens on. However as it is a convex curve rather than a concave one, my worry may be unfounded.

Last Edit: 31 May, 2018, 09:23:20 PM by Ianrobbo1

diverse-leafy