Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: How to get your fork legs looking pretty again?  (Read 1137 times)

Offline pedro

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF 1000 2008
  • City / Town: Cumbria
How to get your fork legs looking pretty again?
« on: 20 May, 2018, 11:44:42 AM »
My fork legs, as tends to happen, are looking a bit worse the wear. Nothing major, but a little unsightly. Without taking off and dismantling otherwise perfectly serviceable items, what's the best way to get them looking pristine again? It's the usual water erosion type issue that gives them that mottled look.

Offline Tommo2

• CBF Master
  • Proud owner of CBF 1000GT FAC, MZ 301, Jawa 350
  • Bike: CBF1000GT 2016
  • City / Town: Stevenage
Re: How to get your fork legs looking pretty again?
« Reply #2 on: 21 May, 2018, 08:46:37 AM »
I put carbon look sticky fork leg protectors on, available on ebay for several pounds, to prevent wear and tear. Look good and work
Been in place nearly 2 years now.

Offline edger

• CBF Master
« Reply #3 on: 21 May, 2018, 07:16:44 PM »
To paraphrase the Rolling Stones PAINT IT BLACK!

Offline pedro

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF 1000 2008
  • City / Town: Cumbria
« Reply #4 on: 21 May, 2018, 11:03:33 PM »
Jolly good. I was going to try the Autosol route. I guess it was just me wishing there was an easier way. Painting it black I suppose would work but of course deviates from original, as does the carbon look stuff.

Just thinking about giving my Mk1 a bit of a spruce-up. I shall also look at getting the paint done on both top fairing panels. One where I backed into it on my quad bike recently and the other where, ages ago a horseshoe fell off a shelf onto it (lucky, huh?). If I go the whole hog, the tank has a few imperfections too. But taking that lot to be resprayed might tot up a bit. Will have to have a think. What annoys me is that all these things weren't actually done when I was riding it. Ho-hum. Suppose I could try and look for replacement parts for the bodywork stuff, but I guess that wouldn't stack up price-wise, especially for what is now a 10 year old bike.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

diverse-leafy