Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Weekend ride  (Read 427 times)

Offline MrB

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Leeds
Weekend ride
« on: 13 May, 2018, 07:53:39 PM »
Had the CBF out for first time in ages, due to various reasons.  Rode with a mate who has an Aprilia Tuono Factory from home to Brandesburton (near Beverley) avoiding the M62 on Friday, then a ride to Withensea and Spurn Point on Saturday and a ride home via Seaways Café today.  Bike handled great.  Did around 350 miles.  Have made minor adjustments to suspension and compression and seems to be just right for me now.  New seat felt good. Might consider progressive front forks, when funds allow.  So pleased I've gone back to CBF from Tiger Sport.

Offline Leofric

• CBF Member
  • Bike: 2012CBF1000FA
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
Re: Weekend ride
« Reply #1 on: 13 May, 2018, 11:31:01 PM »
Good to hear. My mk2 is also doing everything like it should. Haven't done anything to suspension or seat apart from putting seat on lowest setting. Beowulf exhaust sounds better than original silencer , and lighter as well without 'drain pipe' cat and servo motor.

Offline MrB

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Leeds
« Reply #2 on: 14 May, 2018, 09:00:55 PM »
I have also swapped the exhaust for a Scorpion, sounds much better

Offline phild

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-B
  • City / Town: North Somerset
« Reply #3 on: 14 May, 2018, 09:30:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by MrB [+]
Had the CBF out for first time in ages, due to various reasons.  Rode with a mate who has an Aprilia Tuono Factory from home to Brandesburton (near Beverley) avoiding the M62 on Friday, then a ride to Withensea and Spurn Point on Saturday and a ride home via Seaways Café today.  Bike handled great.  Did around 350 miles.  Have made minor adjustments to suspension and compression and seems to be just right for me now.  New seat felt good. Might consider progressive front forks, when funds allow.  So pleased I've gone back to CBF from Tiger Sport.

My bikes handling well at the moment......over 20kms to the litre of petrol, in a very warm Granada.
Heading north on Wednesday.  :001:

diverse-leafy