Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Heated Clothing  (Read 428 times)

Offline Stan

• Bike: cbf1000fa
  • City / Town: Essex
Heated Clothing
« on: 25 April, 2018, 09:41:52 PM »
I bought a KEIS X25 heated inner jacket and KEIS X800i heated gloves in October to make winter riding more tolerable.
The jacket is excellent. My riding has mostly been regular 70 mile trips including 40 on the M25. At temperatures of 5C or above I stayed comfortable with the heating control at the lowest of its four settings. Its a quality garment well designed and made. The gloves are a disappointment. They are well made but ineffective. To feel any warmth at all I have to keep them at the highest of three settings. The techie at KEIS suggested that this may be because of wind chill. Hand protectors may improve the situation. I may get around to fitting pair before next winter.

Offline edger

• CBF Master
Re: Heated Clothing
« Reply #1 on: 26 April, 2018, 09:28:33 AM »
Hand Guards are the way forward,   the  bigger the better! just make sure you can get full lock both ways, feet up U turns prove tricky if the guards foul the fairing :mfrlol:

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional.
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
Re: Heated Clothing
« Reply #2 on: 27 April, 2018, 10:21:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by edger [+]
Hand Guards are the way forward,   the  bigger the better! just make sure you can get full lock both ways, feet up U turns prove tricky if the guards foul the fairing :mfrlol:
And an MOT failure!
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift....

diverse-leafy