Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What bike would I replace the biffer with next?  (Read 4196 times)

Offline Ali-bear

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Mk2 Biffer
  • City / Town: Bristol
Re: What bike would I replace the biffer with next?
« Reply #40 on: 31 August, 2019, 12:18:52 PM »
This morning I test rode a 1250RS thanks to the guys at Dick Lovett BMW (not a made up name).
I rode the bike for an hour and a bit. Its very comfy at speed the engine pulls well nearly all the time except, strangely, at very low revs where you have to give it unexpected amounts of throttle to wake it up. Of course it vibrates like a twin.
Riding position is sporty, leant forward. At times it seemed perfect but I did get some wrist ache and that warm feeling between the shoulder blades after a while. I could probably live with it unmodified if I was only doing short sporty weekend rides. For touring I'd want to make it all-day comfortable and that means either risers or possibly fitting the bars and clamp from a 1250R (I believe they would bolt straight on). Unfortunately the stealership did not have a 1250R available for comparison on the day. My legs were perfect though and the saddle was fine.
Windscreen is Ok in the lower position in that it is out of the way and doesn't cause turbulence issues at the helmet. In the higher position its OK too, you get more protection and lots more noise. You can adjust it on the move! Its OK by me in that its not actually bad.
The demo bike was the top model with all bells and whistles. The dynamic suspension adjustment is a fine thing, going from soft and comfy in road mode to firm and sporty in dynamic mode. At £750 as an option its very tempting, but will it go expensively wrong at some point?
Quickshifter is, frankly, rubbish. Cruise control is good. These are £400 each as an option.
The TFT display on these models is very good, clear and readable even for my dodgy old eyes.
Overall its very tempting, but once I've specced it up on the configuratorizer its banging on the door of £14k.
Designed in Japan, assembled in Italy, fiddled with in Britain

Offline Ali-bear

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Mk2 Biffer
  • City / Town: Bristol
« Reply #41 on: 08 September, 2019, 01:13:54 PM »
I looked at the Honda UK web site. For all of touring and sport touring they offer precisely two models, the VFR800 and the Goldwing.  :027:
What is going on? I have to assume they have more models waiting in the wings for announcement in the coming months. Either that or they are abandoning the UK bike market, which for me is unbelievable.
Designed in Japan, assembled in Italy, fiddled with in Britain

Offline J-man

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000A6
« Reply #42 on: 09 September, 2019, 02:22:05 PM »
 :460:

I feel my interest (tech + looks) is also underserved. Too bad
VFR800 should have been evolved into VFR1k or something.
(But not like vfr1200 pls.)

I keep thinking how refreshing this bike was, designer wise especially, as if they create a soul

Todays bike designers  :161:
« Last Edit: 09 September, 2019, 02:25:56 PM by J-man »