Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 07, abs rear caliper.  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Midd

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Cbf1000 07
  • City / Town: Durham
07, abs rear caliper.
« on: 14 March, 2018, 08:16:49 AM »
Hi, yesterday i cleaned the rear brake caliper and pistons.
Having been told of a tool on the forum ,i bought a Draper brake piston pliers,and was able to turn the pistons around full 360 to clean them ,including using 1200 wet and dry with brake cleaner,they came up a treat and shine.
Ive used copper slip on the pads ,and cleaned the inside of the caliper.
Does anyone know what to use on the two bolts on the caliper,is it copper slip or silicon grease or an alternative !.
The smaller bolt with the locknut was in good condition and its sliding surface fine .The larger one at the back was slightly pitted ,so i used fine grade wet and dry to clean it .
There is still a slight drag on the back wheel when the caliper is re installed.which was dissapointing .as i believe that the back wheel should be free enough to turn when bike is on centre stand when bike is started up in neutral.
Can  anyone cast any thoughts about this please (the chain is fine )Any tips ,or previous knowledge about this would be appreciated .
The drag is not terrible but annoying ,as it should not be the case.
Apart from this niggle the bike is great,and im looking forward to some good weather to do a big ride out .cheers .

Offline spanners

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: cbf1000a
  • City / Town: macclesfield
Re: 07, abs rear caliper.
« Reply #1 on: 17 March, 2018, 10:32:38 PM »
best thing to use on the caliper slides is red rubber grease. Other lubricants make rubber swell and drag
chris