Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Maxxis Supermaxx ST  (Read 1010 times)

Offline shumba

• CBF Legend
  • City / Town: lichfield
Re: Maxxis Supermaxx ST
« Reply #10 on: 02 March, 2018, 09:59:03 AM »
*Originally Posted by Scott_rider [+]
I've generally used Michelin Pilot Road 3 or 4's in the past but so it will be interesting to see how they compare with these Maxxis tyres. The current Bridgestone Battlax that are on it have a sort of 'dead' feeling if that make sense?

I would think that how tyres compare is related to what you use them for, For weaving through traffic on greasy roads Michelin
 PR Pilot 4 would possibly be a good bet ,  I use my bikes mainly for long distance camping trips ,the bike is loaded up and  run at fairly high speed to cover  distance,  That is the reason I chose Maxxis  ST  ( Sports Touring )  because that is the type of use they are made for.  If I had my bike for pottering round the UK I would use different tyres.

Offline Scott_rider

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Aylesbury
« Reply #11 on: 02 March, 2018, 10:39:29 AM »
*Originally Posted by shumba [+]
I would think that how tyres compare is related to what you use them for, For weaving through traffic on greasy roads Michelin
 PR Pilot 4 would possibly be a good bet ,  I use my bikes mainly for long distance camping trips ,the bike is loaded up and  run at fairly high speed to cover  distance,  That is the reason I chose Maxxis  ST  ( Sports Touring )  because that is the type of use they are made for.  If I had my bike for pottering round the UK I would use different tyres.

My use for this bike will be a couple of big trips to Europe this year (5,000 miles in total) so I reckon the Maxxis should be good for those  :018:.

Offline Scott_rider

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Aylesbury
« Reply #12 on: 16 April, 2018, 09:57:23 AM »
I did 200 miles on the new tyres yesterday from Aylesbury to Southend and back. The weather was dry on the way there and quite wet about 40 miles from home. Initial impressions of the tyres are excellent  :046:. The bike is super stable, grip is great, and it turns in quickly, almost as if it's 50kg lighter, if that makes sense. So far, so good for the Maxxis tyres   :018:.
« Last Edit: 16 April, 2018, 09:59:27 AM by Scott_rider »

diverse-leafy