Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Updating the Biffer when you can't afford a new bike  (Read 3012 times)

Offline Jumbo

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000A GT(MK1)
Re: Updating the Biffer when you can't afford a new bike
« Reply #30 on: 21 February, 2018, 07:23:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by Art [+]
Add relay mounted behind reg/rec and switched via rear number plate light,.......
Another thought, Art. Normally, when adding accessories, I too would have used a relay to protect the on/off switch.
But, since these Prozer LEDs are relatively low current, I didn't bother in this case.
Jumbo
You’ve got to be very careful if you don’t know where you are going, because you might not get there.
Yogi Berra

Offline Quark

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBFthou MK1
  • City / Town: Soton
« Reply #31 on: 21 February, 2018, 11:33:15 PM »
Add relay mounted behind reg/rec and switched via rear number plate light, on/off switch on left handlebar. Ignition on switch on lights on or, ignition on switch off lights off. Also easy to flick through the 3 phases hi, low, flash via the handlebar switch.

Amazing how the traffic parts when filtering with flashing DRL's, proper illegal though.

Very nice  :062:

Offline Art

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #32 on: 21 February, 2018, 11:50:28 PM »
That relay is just to ensure all my accessories are powered off with ignition off and supplies a 12v feed to the DRL's, SatNav, a 12v 10A fused auxiliary socket, a 5v 2A fused USB socket and heated grips. Its a 40A 14VDC SPDT changeover relay and I've also wired in a jump lead via the 87a terminal to charge the battery by. Last but not least, for future proofing, there is a spare 6.4mm female spade connectors just in case.
« Last Edit: 22 February, 2018, 12:41:28 AM by Art »

Offline Jumbo

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000A GT(MK1)
« Reply #33 on: 22 February, 2018, 10:18:13 AM »
That relay is just to ensure all my accessories are powered off with ignition off and supplies a 12v feed .....
A nice solution, Art. I like it.  :028:
Thinking I might do likewise.

Thanks,
Jumbo
You’ve got to be very careful if you don’t know where you are going, because you might not get there.
Yogi Berra