Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Real HID Xenon 35W 4300K kit fitted  (Read 2803 times)

Offline vlassishlk

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000A (06)
  • City / Town: Eyboia
Real HID Xenon 35W 4300K kit fitted
« on: 30 May, 2006, 08:41:30 AM »
Yesterday I fitted the HID conversion kit that I previously had on my TDM. I had to buy an H7 bulb (the TDM had H1).  I fitted the ballast+igniter behind the front right half fairing, and managed to hide the wiring harness that goes to the battery quite easily behind the plastic protectors. It took me 30 minutes and the hrdest part was to put the half fairing back in place. On the TDM it was far easier to take the side panels off.
The improvement is amazing. when I bought the CBF I thought it had great lights and I wasn't sure if I would fit the HID kit, but its worth it. The high beam looks pathetic in comparison with the HID beam. Great safety improvement. I will take and post photos, showing where I fitted the ballast and the wiring harness.
No quality problems so far, the CBF is a great bike for me  :152: :152: :152:

Offline orestisp

• CBF Member
Re: Real HID Xenon 35W 4300K kit fitted
« Reply #1 on: 31 May, 2006, 06:08:47 AM »
I am thinking fitting too. How much did it cost you?

Offline vlassishlk

• CBF Legend
« Reply #2 on: 31 May, 2006, 08:29:19 AM »
It was the old kit with a new bulb. But you can buy a motorcycle kit from ebay starting from 120-130euro. Maybe you can contact www.tdmhellas.gr and you can get an H7 kit for 160euro (I think they have some discount with a Greek dealer(www.xenonhellas.gr).
You can find 2 types of kits.
1) directly throught the light switch, that could cause some problems to the switch in the long run.
2) A kit with a relay harness and fuse so the current (Amps) doesnt go through the light switch.
I think that the second option is best. But my brother has fitted a kit (1st type-no relay) to his Kymco Spyke 125 for 2 years now and never had a problem. 

I thinks its worth its money since its a great improvement to the standard 55W (non HID)bulb. You are much more easily spottted from cagers and pedestrians.

Offline lisaekam

• CBF Legend
« Reply #3 on: 01 June, 2006, 08:20:38 PM »
This sounds like a good idea, but a word of warning. My partner has got Xenon bulbs on the Pan and left the ignition on for 20 mins without the engine running. Result was a flat battery. Nice man from the AA showed us that these types of bulb drain the battery 40% faster than normal ones if you don't have the engine running............

Glad his bike is under warranty as I don't fancy trying to bump start an ST1300!!

Lisa
Lisa

:computer:

?A woman who rides a motorcycle is in tune with the universe, a candidate for high adventure.? Celestine Sibley

Offline vlassishlk

• CBF Legend
« Reply #4 on: 02 June, 2006, 10:32:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by lisaekam [+]
This sounds like a good idea, but a word of warning. My partner has got Xenon bulbs on the Pan and left the ignition on for 20 mins without the engine running. Result was a flat battery. Nice man from the AA showed us that these types of bulb drain the battery 40% faster than normal ones if you don't have the engine running............

Glad his bike is under warranty as I don't fancy trying to bump start an ST1300!!

Lisa

You are correct, the xenon HID bulbs initially draw double the current of the original bulb but after they warm up (it takes 10-15 minutes) they draw half the original (halogen)amps. Thats why they are rated 35W while the original halogen bulbs are rated 55W

diverse-leafy