Author Topic: Headlight  (Read 3198 times)

Offline Neiljt123

• CBF Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Cbf1000
  • City / Town: Staffordshire
Headlight
on: 18 January, 2018, 08:35:06 PM
Has anybody converted the front headlight so that both come on for low and high beam, if so how do I modify them to do so.

Offline ramiller

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Mk1 CBF1000
  • City / Town: WAKEFIELD
Re: Headlight
Reply #1 on: 18 January, 2018, 09:11:31 PM
That sounds a good idea, and should be easy enough to do, although I havenít taken much notice of the wiring,but might consider doing it myself
Bob.

Offline Shed

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: Newcastle
Reply #2 on: 18 January, 2018, 11:40:36 PM
*Originally Posted by Neiljt123 [+]
Has anybody converted the front headlight so that both come on for low and high beam, if so how do I modify them to do so.

This is the module I fitted. :028:

"DoubleTronics Module provides 40% power to the high beam during normal (low beam) operation then bumps it to 100% when high beam is selected. Using the DoubleTronics module, both beams are always on for more cager visibility". If that's what you're after.

https://www.doubletronics.com/english.html

Also here, manual kit: http://www.jn-elektronik.de/?page_id=1126
plug & play version, H7 direkt: http://www.jn-elektronik.de/?page_id=993
Last Edit: 19 January, 2018, 12:19:21 AM by Shed

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
  • CBF God
Reply #3 on: 19 January, 2018, 08:13:56 AM
Worth a search on here for Projecteur (or projector) headlight conversions.  Quite a lot written. 

A few members have successfully done a retrofit fitting projecteur style HID light units on both the dip and full beam units and run them with H4 HID bulbs giving 2x full beam and 2x dip beam lights at full intensity.   Not an easy conversion but those who have done it have been very positive of the results both in terms of total light output and beam pattern.   

Dont forget that the existing light units are designed for single filament H7 bulbs and the beam pattern is managed by the complex reflector design.  The 100% dip/40 or 60% main (whilst on dip beam) plug and play have been around for a long time and also work well even if the 2nd light looks a trifle dim in comparison to the 100% dip unit.  If you want to run either HID (my preference) or LED lights I might be minded to check out with the distributors very carefully that their electrics will still work as designed.

Then, of course, there are those who have chosen to run on full beam all the time (and, perhaps lowering the full beam a little).

Andy
 :149:

Last Edit: 19 January, 2018, 08:21:50 AM by Bifferman

Offline SaturnV

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000A9
  • City / Town: London
Reply #4 on: 20 January, 2018, 10:15:36 AM
*Originally Posted by Bifferman [+]
Worth a search on here for Projecteur (or projector) headlight conversions.  Quite a lot written. 

A few members have successfully done a retrofit fitting projecteur style HID light units on both the dip and full beam units and run them with H4 HID bulbs giving 2x full beam and 2x dip beam lights at full intensity.   Not an easy conversion but those who have done it have been very positive of the results both in terms of total light output and beam pattern.   

Dont forget that the existing light units are designed for single filament H7 bulbs and the beam pattern is managed by the complex reflector design.  The 100% dip/40 or 60% main (whilst on dip beam) plug and play have been around for a long time and also work well even if the 2nd light looks a trifle dim in comparison to the 100% dip unit.  If you want to run either HID (my preference) or LED lights I might be minded to check out with the distributors very carefully that their electrics will still work as designed.

Then, of course, there are those who have chosen to run on full beam all the time (and, perhaps lowering the full beam a little).

Andy

Bike: MG Midget 1500   :027:

That's a weird new model   :mfrlol:

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
  • CBF God
Reply #5 on: 20 January, 2018, 02:02:51 PM
*Originally Posted by SaturnV [+]
Bike: MG Midget 1500   :027:

That's a weird new model   :mfrlol:

Nearest thing I have to a bike at the moment.   I suppose I could have left the Bike section of my profile blank and mentioned Bridget in the signature section, but who ever looks there to see what bike you have :164:.    I think I might follow other members and put some amusing quip in the signature section such as 'If your so damn smart why aint you rich' or, similar to that as wos wrote by our esteemed padre on here 'Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift....'.

Andy

p.s.  Your not getting rid of me that easily :030:
Last Edit: 20 January, 2018, 02:12:23 PM by Bifferman

Offline alan sh

• Article Editor
  • CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000/CB1300
  • City / Town: Rochdale
Reply #6 on: 20 January, 2018, 02:48:26 PM
I get the hint of a piece of sarcasm there. Not quite subtle enough though  :031: :046: :047: :005:
Red MK II with full luggage, MRA screen, hugger, crash bungs, heated grips and Autocom.
CB1300SA with a few bits.
https://ourbikingholidays.wordpress.com/
https://mybikinghistory.wordpress.com/

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
Reply #7 on: 20 January, 2018, 04:06:09 PM
:182:

someone felt 'told'.
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
  • CBF God
Reply #8 on: 20 January, 2018, 04:57:01 PM
 :431:, I couldn't help myself.   Still friends I hope :158:.

:031:

Andy

p.s.  Some good stuff on there for MKI owners so might repost exclusively for them so it doesn't get lost.

Offline thebudda08

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: cbf1000 mk1
  • City / Town: Dublin
Reply #9 on: 20 January, 2018, 06:07:01 PM
@SHED how was it to fit , really interested in getting it