Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: REMOVE PANNEIR CASES  (Read 349 times)

Offline BEEFYEGGO

• CBF Member
  • Bike: MKII FA-C
  • City / Town: South Wales
REMOVE PANNEIR CASES
« on: 11 January, 2018, 04:58:22 PM »
Hi...   I've just acquired a 2014 MKII fitted with pannier cases but no top box.  They aren't badged up at all that I can see but the latch seems to be identical to the Givi design.  I'd like to remove the cases to make the bike a bit narrower, but leave the frames on to make easy refitting of the panniers if I need them in the summer.   However I can't seem to get them off...  I don't want to force anything - knowing me I'll only break something expensive!    Grateful for any advice.

Rob   
Machines were mice and men were lions, once upon a time....

Offline BEEFYEGGO

• CBF Member
Re: REMOVE PANNEIR CASES
« Reply #1 on: 11 January, 2018, 07:22:20 PM »
OK - got it with a damn good wiggle.   Doubt they've ever been off the bike.  Can't see any manufacturer's name anywhere so doubt very much that they are Givi.

Rob

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
  • Scuba divers do it with masks on!!
  • Bike: bird + CBF1000
  • City / Town: Wakefield
« Reply #2 on: 11 January, 2018, 07:24:27 PM »
A couple of pretty pictures may help us to identify and come up with a satisfactory removal scheme for you??  bugger, post some pictures up anyway we may be able to help??
A newbie to the Biffer, owned a Bird for 17 years, and looking forward to long term ownership of my CBF!!

Offline BEEFYEGGO

• CBF Member
« Reply #3 on: 11 January, 2018, 07:28:02 PM »
Thanks, Ian.   As per above, got them off anyway but I will take a picture or two and try to post them, up so maybe someone can identify the make.  Just have to clean the bike first, or I'll be embarrassed!

Rob     

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
  • Scuba divers do it with masks on!!
  • Bike: bird + CBF1000
  • City / Town: Wakefield
« Reply #4 on: 11 January, 2018, 07:38:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by BEEFYEGGO [+]
Thanks, Ian.   As per above, got them off anyway but I will take a picture or two and try to post them, up so maybe someone can identify the make.  Just have to clean the bike first, or I'll be embarrassed!

Rob   

LOL don't worry about the embarrassment, we could all do with a chuckle!! :158:
A newbie to the Biffer, owned a Bird for 17 years, and looking forward to long term ownership of my CBF!!