Author Topic: What past times or hobbies do we have.  (Read 1328 times)

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: bird + CBF1000
  • City / Town: Wakefield
What past times or hobbies do we have.
on: 30 December, 2017, 01:01:06 PM
Seeing the thread on Ball games, it occured to me that some of us may have an outside work interest, aside from the Biffer, in my case it's scuba diving, and a bit of diy when I can, same goes for detailing bikes and cars "though recently I've not been able to do much" How about you??
A newbie to the Biffer, owned a Bird for 19 years, and looking forward to long term ownership of my CBF!!

Offline alan sh

• Article Editor
  • CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000/CB1300
  • City / Town: Rochdale
Re: What past times or hobbies do we have.
Reply #1 on: 30 December, 2017, 02:35:57 PM
Photography, Science fiction and being a Scouter take up all my time (not necessarily in that order).

I also "manage" my home network which is not just one router and some wires....

Alan
Red MK II with full luggage, MRA screen, hugger, crash bungs, heated grips and Autocom.
CB1300SA with a few bits.
https://ourbikingholidays.wordpress.com/
https://mybikinghistory.wordpress.com/

Offline Flying Fox

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Thornbury
Reply #2 on: 30 December, 2017, 04:15:09 PM
Sailing. I have a teensy-weensy cruiser, but it still allows me to shout "Oi! Corbyn, MacDonald and Abbot! Can you see me on my YACHT?" whenever I feel like a laugh.

Last winter I had it out of the water for maintenance and was painting the cockpit when the local foxhunt came past. One of the riders called out, "Well! A toff on a horse talking to a toff on a yacht. Where's the Labour party when you want them?"

I used to do target shooting, but got hassled out of the sport. :010:
"...and still the Red Queen cried, 'Faster! Faster!'"

Offline moayling

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2015 MK 2 CBF
  • City / Town: Seaton. Devon.
Reply #3 on: 31 December, 2017, 02:15:35 PM
Until recently I gave all of my spare time to volunteering. A big accident last year and not getting any younger has made the decision for me to step down but I am still able to ride my bikes which is good at age 73. Chasing the Rev Ken which I have done on several tours.

I spent 5 years on the blood bikes. 2 years as a community first responder and 3 years as a tutor for Rospa advanced riding.
I still drive 57 kids to school and I get paid for that.

Life is a bit less hectic now and I'm not constantly waiting for the phone to ring but still find plenty to do.

Happy New Year
Mo

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
Reply #4 on: 31 December, 2017, 03:51:26 PM
It would be nice to ride together again!

I'm still with blood bikes, but either ride a DV or drive a car as the FJR's, while a delight to ride, are getting too heavy to push around or hold up if I let it lean over too far. I still work for a living, sing in a choir (I often sing solos......until I get it right), am on our local IAM committee, am   a member of the county CRASH committee (Casualty Reduction And Safer Highways where I constantly challenge lowering speed limits for political reasons), and enjoy Rotary with all the work we do helping others. No wonder I have limited time to ride my bike after household duties!
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: bird + CBF1000
  • City / Town: Wakefield
Reply #5 on: 24 September, 2018, 05:59:26 PM
Well it's nice to know I'm not the only person getting old on here  :161: the different interests is interesting, and long may we all carry on doing them, I have restarted detailing bikes and cars, I invested in a bike lift to do the bikes, and a seat with wheels onto run alongsside the cars when doing the sides, this because bending over results in me falling over or not being able to stand up LOL
A newbie to the Biffer, owned a Bird for 19 years, and looking forward to long term ownership of my CBF!!

Offline Eh2zed

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000AT8
  • City / Town: Port Hope, ONT.
Reply #6 on: 28 August, 2019, 11:23:32 PM
I read posts from people who say "bloke" and "bonnet" and "lift" and "mate".
I also watch my next door neighbours commit a slow suicide on a daily basis.
So between laughing and crying I have barely enough time to ride.