Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: After market exhaust 2017 CBF  (Read 1694 times)

Offline MrB

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Leeds
Re: After market exhaust 2017 CBF
« Reply #10 on: 11 January, 2018, 06:25:50 PM »
Thanks for this.  Actually took delivery of new Scorpion this week and hoping to fit it at the weekend.  Cheers Steve

Offline MrB

• CBF Member
« Reply #11 on: 14 January, 2018, 03:50:56 PM »
New Scorpion exhaust fitted, sounds awesome. Unsure about any power gains, but felt quicker, but there again I haven't been out on it for a while.  Noticeable weight difference.

Also added some spacers to screen to try and eliminate some of the buffeting and wind noise.  Improvement on buffeting, but still noisy.  Thinking out purchasing an MRA deflector to add to top of standard screen to see if this helps.  I have read through the many threads on this subject.

Offline Leofric

• CBF Member
  • Bike: 2012CBF1000FA
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
« Reply #12 on: 12 February, 2018, 11:17:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by aderoberts [+]
I’ve got a Scorpion complete with connecting pipe. Paid well over £300 from Sportsbikeshop. £100 or thereabouts if you’re still after one?
Is Scorpion still for sale?   regards

Offline MrB

• CBF Member
« Reply #13 on: 14 February, 2018, 07:32:14 PM »
Hi
It isn't me that has the Scorpion available.

Just seen on another thread that the seller still has it available - see the post entitled 'Dented Exhaust'
Hope this helps.
Steve

Offline MrB

• CBF Member
« Reply #14 on: 14 February, 2018, 07:43:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by MrB [+]
New Scorpion exhaust fitted, sounds awesome. Unsure about any power gains, but felt quicker, but there again I haven't been out on it for a while.  Noticeable weight difference.

Also added some spacers to screen to try and eliminate some of the buffeting and wind noise.  Improvement on buffeting, but still noisy.  Thinking out purchasing an MRA deflector to add to top of standard screen to see if this helps.  I have read through the many threads on this subject.

Ended up with a Puig deflector.  So far have only managed a short test-run but it is definitely quieter.  Just waiting for some decent weather so I can get out for a proper test.

Offline Carlos1

• Bike: Cbf1000
  • City / Town: ROCHESTER
« Reply #15 on: 18 March, 2018, 07:59:20 AM »
Hi all just a quick bit of advice please as I'm Getting a bit confused 're exhaust servos and end can replacement.  I'm looking at replacing the end cans on my dual exhaust biffer before I go on an 8day trip in Europe. Is this just a straight forward swap. Having looked at another thread it seems I might need to jig about with the exhaust servo or is this not necessary? Any advice much appreciated. Oh and if you could recommend good replacement I'd be grateful

Offline MrB

• CBF Member
« Reply #16 on: 18 March, 2018, 08:27:23 AM »
Hi there, it is the Mk2 (single exhaust) that have the servo.  On the Mk1 (twin exhaust) it is just a case of straight swap.  I had a Mk1 previously and changed the original exhausts for a pair of Delkovic ones which were very adequate and not a bad price.  They are easy to fit as well.  Now got a Mk2 and used advice on this forum to change from the original to a Scorpion exhaust.  Just waiting for the chance to get out on it now. 

Offline Carlos1

• Bike: Cbf1000
  • City / Town: ROCHESTER
« Reply #17 on: 18 March, 2018, 07:50:45 PM »
Thanks Mr B. It's a mk1 as dual exhaust. If it's a straight swap and no fiddling that's awesome. I've seen delkevics advertised but didn't know enough about them. I'm looking at pipewerx, scorpion or GPR.

Offline MrB

• CBF Member
« Reply #18 on: 20 March, 2018, 07:43:13 PM »
Hi
It was straightforward to change.  A word advice, don't tighten anything up until you have got them in the correct position.  We are also touring Europe this summer, whereabouts are you heading? We are going to Germany via Rotterdam and finishing in Ypres before returning to Hull via Zeebrugge.