Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: After market exhaust 2017 CBF  (Read 2002 times)

Offline MrB

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Leeds
After market exhaust 2017 CBF
« on: 19 December, 2017, 06:46:50 PM »
Looking for some advice regarding replacing the exhaust on my Mk2 (2017 plate).  Any tips on removing the sensor, is it straightforward?

After fitting, do people advise remapping to increase BHP or will just replacing the exhaust increase it enough to make any difference?
Thanks in advance

Offline phild

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-B
  • City / Town: North Somerset
Re: After market exhaust 2017 CBF
« Reply #1 on: 19 December, 2017, 07:17:20 PM »
There’s a whole thread, complete with video, somewhere on here.  :028:

Offline Samuel Platt

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000F-AB
  • City / Town: North West Lancs
« Reply #2 on: 19 December, 2017, 08:48:37 PM »
There's very little, if any, power gain but a slight weight loss. You should fit a Healtech plug in adapter if you remove the original system.

Offline Ali-bear

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Mk2 Biffer
  • City / Town: Bristol
« Reply #3 on: 20 December, 2017, 10:09:17 AM »
Hello MrB
I assume you are talking about replacing the big and heavy catalytic converter, flappy valve and silencer assembly and not the whole exhaust system. If so this is a well worn path and there are plenty of threads on here that cover it, so search is your friend.
The CBF motor is not likely to give much in the way of power gains even if you go the full Power Commander route. I'm not sure if anyone on here has bothered with that (but I could be wrong). On the plus side this means also that you don't need to get re-mapped to adjust the fueling because you fitted a different end-can.
Designed in Japan, assembled in Italy, fiddled with in Britain

Offline Tommo2

• CBF Master
  • Proud owner of CBF 1000GT FAC, MZ 301, Jawa 350
  • Bike: CBF1000GT 2016
  • City / Town: Stevenage
« Reply #4 on: 20 December, 2017, 10:21:09 AM »
Mr B,

have a look at this:

https://www.cbf1000.com/index.php/topic,17412.0.html

I replaced my 2016 OEM exhaust which weighed about 8 kilos from memory, double the weight of the aftermarket exhaust, and had the aesthetics of a lamp post, mainly because it was just too quiet, especially when filtering in traffic. This was not a performance or weight decision, as I am happy enough with the Biffer's performance.

I found the above link invaluable when swapping exhausts. I disconnected the cables from the servo and left them on the exhaust. I then stopped up the holes on the rubber servo protector with grommets, and taped them up to prevent water ingress. The position of the servo is badly placed under the bike in line with all the crap from the road. Obviously the servo still is is use, and the bike management computer thinks it is still pulling the exhaust cables. I did not need a Healtech adapter or re mapping. 

I found the result is a nice fruity sound, good looking exhaust, and the engine seems to breathe better, there was a slight flat spot around 3000 revs which has gone now.

Tommo

Offline MrB

• CBF Member
« Reply #5 on: 21 December, 2017, 07:44:59 PM »
Thanks for the advice, really appreciated.  Tommo, can I ask which make of exhaust you went for?  I am considering either Scorpion or Delkevic.

Offline MrB

• CBF Member
« Reply #6 on: 21 December, 2017, 07:54:21 PM »
Sorry, forgot to ask are the Servo cables straightforward to remove?

Offline Tommo2

• CBF Master
  • Proud owner of CBF 1000GT FAC, MZ 301, Jawa 350
  • Bike: CBF1000GT 2016
  • City / Town: Stevenage
« Reply #7 on: 22 December, 2017, 09:03:40 AM »
Scorpion exhaust. Got it second hand through this site. The cables are not difficult to remove, just that they are in an awkward place beneath the bike, so you have to lie down down to get at them. Unless you are lucky (rich?) enough to have a hydraulic lift......

Offline alan sh

• Article Editor
  • CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000/CB1300
  • City / Town: Rochdale
« Reply #8 on: 22 December, 2017, 03:58:04 PM »
He he he - I've got one  :031:
Red MK II with full luggage, MRA screen, hugger, crash bungs, heated grips and Autocom.
CB1300SA with a few bits.
https://ourbikingholidays.wordpress.com/
https://mybikinghistory.wordpress.com/

Offline aderoberts

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Wombourne
« Reply #9 on: 11 January, 2018, 11:06:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by MrB [+]
Thanks for the advice, really appreciated.  Tommo, can I ask which make of exhaust you went for?  I am considering either Scorpion or Delkevic.
I’ve got a Scorpion complete with connecting pipe. Paid well over £300 from Sportsbikeshop. £100 or thereabouts if you’re still after one?