Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Best bike Satnav?  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Member
  • Scuba divers do it with masks on!!
  • Bike: bird + CBF1000
  • City / Town: Wakefield
Re: Best bike Satnav?
« Reply #50 on: 06 December, 2017, 10:33:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by alan sh [+]
I don't seem to be able to post a diagram - the attachments stuff is not working.

So, here goes with a different method

Thank you for the posts, :037: I just need to get the relay as I've got all the rest of the stuff, do you have a picture "cos I is thick" of the place you took the switched live from, off the backlight feed, I've been looking for it but can't see the wood ETC!!  :012: thank you  :020:
A newbie to the Biffer, owned a Bird for 17 years, and looking forward to long term ownership of my CBF!!

Offline alan sh

• Article Editor
  • CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000/CB1300
  • City / Town: Rochdale
« Reply #51 on: 06 December, 2017, 01:55:35 PM »
I don't have a picture, but if you look at the back brake light switch near the back brake lever, you will see two wires. Once is a live feed, the other goes to the brake lights once the switch is enabled. They are both black wires, so you have to guess/work out which one is the live feed in. Follow the wires back up and then take a feed off anywhere you can get at it.

Alan
Red MK II with full luggage, MRA screen, hugger, crash bungs, heated grips and Autocom.
CB1300SA with a few bits.
https://ourbikingholidays.wordpress.com/
https://mybikinghistory.wordpress.com/

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Member
  • Scuba divers do it with masks on!!
  • Bike: bird + CBF1000
  • City / Town: Wakefield
« Reply #52 on: 06 December, 2017, 02:54:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by alan sh [+]
I don't have a picture, but if you look at the back brake light switch near the back brake lever, you will see two wires. Once is a live feed, the other goes to the brake lights once the switch is enabled. They are both black wires, so you have to guess/work out which one is the live feed in. Follow the wires back up and then take a feed off anywhere you can get at it.

Alan
Thanks Alan, just got back from Halfords, got the last one in the place, I'll be having a bash at the wiring in a few days, I will use a multimeter to check which wire is live, thank you for your help!!  :037: :152:
A newbie to the Biffer, owned a Bird for 17 years, and looking forward to long term ownership of my CBF!!

diverse-leafy