Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Spark plugs  (Read 798 times)

Offline 1madboiler

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000
  • City / Town: Sunderland
Spark plugs
« on: 26 October, 2017, 01:58:08 PM »
Replaced the plugs last weekend, it was 2 years since I last paid for them to be changed at a local bike garage. Do these look like 2 yr old plugs to you lot?. The 2 outer plugs ie the easy ones to replace appear much newer than the 2 & 3 cylinder plugs. Personally I think they middle plugs look like they haven't been changed in the time I have had the bike despite paying for it doing. Much perkier now BTW

Offline Ali-bear

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Mk2 Biffer
  • City / Town: Bristol
Re: Spark plugs
« Reply #1 on: 27 October, 2017, 09:01:44 AM »
Did you measure the gaps are they about right?
Designed in Japan, assembled in Italy, fiddled with in Britain

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • -
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
« Reply #2 on: 29 October, 2017, 10:56:46 AM »
That rust  :005:.

I really hope mine don't look like that (not that I'll be changing mine anytime soon).
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline SaturnV

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000A9
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #3 on: 29 October, 2017, 05:09:13 PM »
Yes the rust on the outside was what shocked me too - do you keep the bike in a garage or under a cover in the open?

I always compare my plugs with the colour photos in the Haynes manual (any manual will do they have the same pictures in each one!)  I usually find a bit of oil in the screw threads too, not sure if that's really bad sign or not?

As far as your suspicion about what the garage did or didn't do, you know what they say: 'if you want a job done properly do it yourself!'

diverse-leafy