Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Mk1 light bulb  (Read 2312 times)

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional.
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
Re: Mk1 light bulb
« Reply #10 on: 24 October, 2017, 10:20:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by Bifferman [+]
Can't say I ever let that bother me.  For the right vehicle, wire them up through a relay, preferably use a ceramic connector to the bulb and set the beam correctly and JD.
Just so you know!
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.

Offline Victorthou

• CBF Member
« Reply #11 on: 18 January, 2020, 10:04:26 PM »
Dipped Bulb went. Read this thread and replaced without removing the fairing. Thanks.

Online Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #12 on: 19 January, 2020, 01:17:49 PM »
bit late to the party here.

I replaced my standard 55W H7 dipped beam bulb for a cheap as chips £9.95 H7 HID bulb and ballast kit off eBay, because I wanted a brighter view in and around the unlit lanes here. That was back in 2015 and here we are 5 years and many night time miles/hours later and it is as good, bright and illuminating as it ever was. It passes the new MOT lighting requirements too.The downsides are you need to remove the fairing and modify the wiring harness to fit the ballast and a switch. The HID dipped beam needs a switch because if the headlamp is on when the starter motor cranks the engine the resulting voltage drop can cause the ballast to lock out leaving you without a dipped beam for how ever long it takes for the ballast lock out to reset. Mine took over night when it happened to me.

diverse-leafy