Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Starting Problems  (Read 2452 times)

Offline SaturnV

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000A9
  • City / Town: London
Re: Starting Problems
« Reply #20 on: 13 November, 2017, 07:03:10 PM »
 :mfrlol:   :031:

Offline Veloman

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: Honda Deauville
  • City / Town: Nr Birmingham
Re: Starting Problems
« Reply #21 on: 25 November, 2017, 05:26:58 PM »
This probably won't be of any help but I'll revord it for info.

A good while ago my mk2 no longer fired up after it's normal second or so of trying. For some reason it became reluctant to start but always did eventually. It would take several attempts of the starter, going through the flooding procedure, and a little bit of mild bad language before it eventually started. It was then fine. When i stopped the engine and restarted whilst it was hot it was still a bit reluctant to start but not as bad as when cold. I was always in the habit of starting the engine with the sidestand down. Then for some reason I started the bike with the stand up whilst sitting on it. It fired up immediately.  Since then I  have always started it with the stand up and every time it has started perfectly even after several weeks of not being used. I haven't tried starting it with the stand down to see if the problem returns but am sure that it would. I haven't looked into why having the stand down seems to be the problem but I do know the stand switch works as the engine cuts when I take it out of neutral with the stand down. Must have a look at the cct diagram sometime.