Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: RENNTEC RACK FIT  (Read 661 times)

Offline Leofric

• CBF Member
  • Bike: 2012CBF1000FA
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
RENNTEC RACK FIT
« on: 15 October, 2017, 07:34:09 PM »
Bought Renntec rack for my 2012 CBF1000FA - did not fit - front hole centres in brackets were 10mm too far apart -no way would front bolts fit into threaded hole in frame - returned rack and received full refund but no offer to supply another rack to correct fixing centres - -have had 3 Renntec racks for previous bikes and all fitted without a problem - all a bit strange -don't know if they are still selling racks for CBF1000FA - need something for Kappa Monolock top case.

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • -
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
Re: RENNTEC RACK FIT
« Reply #1 on: 17 October, 2017, 12:22:19 PM »
I think Renntec are confused (easily done); didn't you ask Renntec earlier if they did one and they said not, then changed their mind and said they did.

Just go for another brand, a few do them depending on what use/luggage you want to use/have already.
- Isn't Kappa Givi?  Then get one of theirs.

You could do worse than seek out a new one, or go for a second-hand sale, Honda one - but ensure you buy the blocks and spacers/bushes with it as a complete kit (or obtain them first).
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline silentblock

• CBF Member
  • Bike: cbf1000f
  • City / Town: redhill
« Reply #2 on: 12 January, 2018, 09:32:44 PM »
Don't bother with Renntec rack I had the same problem they sent me another rack 12 months later the rack broke of the box still attached I lost them I went back and found it beside the road it only had a map and hoodie in it so it was not overloaded. In short very poor bracket avoid.
70 year old git

Offline Leofric

• CBF Member
  • Bike: 2012CBF1000FA
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
« Reply #3 on: 13 January, 2018, 12:45:57 AM »
Fitted a new Givi rack which is a good looking piece of kit and comes with a smart baseplate for Kappa top boxes.

diverse-leafy