Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Helmet Help  (Read 564 times)

Offline BirminghamOwl

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000-A9
  • City / Town: Birmingham
Re: Helmet Help
« Reply #10 on: 13 September, 2017, 01:24:44 PM »
Thanks guys

Owl

Offline J-man

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000A6
« Reply #11 on: 13 September, 2017, 02:44:59 PM »
I'll just pop in another helmet question.
Gotta Shoei GT air and scratched my clear visor a bit, went for a new but they had only a slightly smoked plastic (original though) available. I could wait and order a clear one, but then thought that it was only slightly smoked and just gave it a try. I've not been riding it at night so far and weather ain't good. Any of your observations worth sharing about riding slightly smoked brown visors at night? I hope to not regret spending 60 euros on it. Thanks.

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional.
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
« Reply #12 on: 14 September, 2017, 01:00:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by J-man [+]
I'll just pop in another helmet question.
Gotta Shoei GT air and scratched my clear visor a bit, went for a new but they had only a slightly smoked plastic (original though) available. I could wait and order a clear one, but then thought that it was only slightly smoked and just gave it a try. I've not been riding it at night so far and weather ain't good. Any of your observations worth sharing about riding slightly smoked brown visors at night? I hope to not regret spending 60 euros on it. Thanks.

You'll see 'slightly less' clearly - I wouldn't ride at night with it! :151:
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift....

Offline J-man

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000A6
« Reply #13 on: 14 September, 2017, 07:07:42 PM »
Haven't tried it at night yet, you might be right. If I don't like it then I'll buy a clear one nonetheless and have the brown for top summer days.
Thanks for the input.

On the side it says for daylight only, but hell that statement is also put on pinlock's!
Shoei (and some other) have a very little sticker, hard to see, that state to not use pinlock in daylight. Whitewashing of responsibility.

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional.
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
« Reply #14 on: 16 September, 2017, 07:35:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by J-man [+]
Haven't tried it at night yet, you might be right. If I don't like it then I'll buy a clear one nonetheless and have the brown for top summer days.
Thanks for the input.

On the side it says for daylight only, but hell that statement is also put on pinlock's!
Shoei (and some other) have a very little sticker, hard to see, that state to not use pinlock in daylight. Whitewashing of responsibility.

I ride at night with my Pinlock as to take it off is a right pain and it is often when I need it most when the temperature drops and humidity causes fogging of my visor. As you say, it is to cover their backs, as they do with ridiculously small maximum loads we are meant to adhere to in top boxes and panniers.
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift....