Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Brake master cylinder  (Read 1755 times)

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
Re: Brake master cylinder
« Reply #10 on: 27 August, 2017, 12:17:26 PM »
Response to PM.

I would never advocate rebuilding a m/c cylinder on a whim - but I don't know your level of expertise and you may be more than capable.
I now suspect you have moved the brake lever beyond its operating window - there are clear min/max points - and I would readjust that back a little (if only to eliminate an issue) as your problem does sound so much like hydraulic locking.

There are other areas I'd personally look at but this is a good start point.
I'm thinking you do know you way around brakes and have check the slider pins and pads in forward etc.

<EDIT> Unlike this pic (#12) seen by robo somehwere:- https://www.cbf1000.com/index.php/topic,21071.10.html </EDIT>
« Last Edit: 27 August, 2017, 12:25:18 PM by jm2 »
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline Davebrown

• Bike: Cbf1000 07
  • City / Town: basildon
Re: Brake master cylinder
« Reply #11 on: 27 August, 2017, 12:31:13 PM »
Sorry mate, still learning this stuff :-). Greased slides, master was easy job really,  tho dave silver advert said 59 quid plus vat earlier !  Now i find out, was quoted 140 plus vat from 21stmoto - hence kit first eh. Pistons look clean in unexposed areas and moved freely before the surgery began, but now, with hydraulics backed off only ! Wonder if the master is just dodgy somehow ? As i say, only one hole is visible in the bore of the master adjacent to the supply elbow outside ! :-(

diverse-leafy