Author Topic: The perils of mobile phone use  (Read 1724 times)

Offline chubbleybear

• CBF Master
  • Topic Author
The perils of mobile phone use
on: 16 July, 2017, 06:36:14 PM
A picture is worth a thousand words....

The Honda crotch rocket rider was travelling at approximately 85 mph (in Europe).
The VW driver was talking on a mobile phone when she pulled out from a side street, apparently not seeing the motorcycle.
The rider's reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident.
The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them.
The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 20 feet from where the collision took place.
All three involved (two in the car and the bike rider) were killed instantly.
This graphic demonstration was placed at the Motorcycle Fair by the Police and Road Safety Department.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Offline Ali-bear

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Was Mk2 Biffer
  • City / Town: Bristol
Re: The perils of mobile phone use
Reply #1 on: 17 July, 2017, 12:03:15 PM
That is bad and obviously horrible for those involved. But I'm sure I have seen that picture before, and TBH it looks like its from the '80s, so I wonder if the plod are being creative with their evidence in this case?
Designed in Japan, assembled in Italy, fiddled with in Britain

Offline Robo

• CBF God
  • Bike: MK1
  • City / Town: By The Sea
Reply #2 on: 17 July, 2017, 12:06:33 PM
Photoshop :062:
If theres a gap i can get through it !!!

Some people pay for an IAM... I am mad.....

Offline chubbleybear

• CBF Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #3 on: 17 July, 2017, 08:08:26 PM
It's something I've had on my 'puter for a while: it was sent to me by a friend, I don't know how or when she got hold of it.

I may have even posted it on here before, I forget (it's the Alzheimers, you know  :191: )

I suppose the police (or some lucky so-and-so) must have had to separate the wreckage and remove the body parts and clean up at some point before it went on display....unless they left them in for added effect  :004: That must have been a nice job.
No good deed goes unpunished.

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
  • CBF God
Reply #4 on: 17 July, 2017, 08:41:03 PM
*Originally Posted by chubbleybear [+]
It's something I've had on my 'puter for a while: it was sent to me by a friend, I don't know how or when she got hold of it.

I may have even posted it on here before, I forget (it's the Alzheimers, you know  :191: )

I suppose the police (or some lucky so-and-so) must have had to separate the wreckage and remove the body parts and clean up at some point before it went on display....unless they left them in for added effect  :004: That must have been a nice job.

I've had these for a while as well - here are a few more of the same.
Last Edit: 17 July, 2017, 08:43:33 PM by Bifferman

Offline ivor hugh jarse

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF 1000A
  • City / Town: Barnsley
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snake bite..... and furthermore always carry a small snake.   W.C.FIELDS

Offline Robo

• CBF God
  • Bike: MK1
  • City / Town: By The Sea
Reply #6 on: 17 July, 2017, 09:48:29 PM
 :062: That should be a TV advert :028:
If theres a gap i can get through it !!!

Some people pay for an IAM... I am mad.....

Offline Ali-bear

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Was Mk2 Biffer
  • City / Town: Bristol
Reply #7 on: 18 July, 2017, 10:14:51 AM
In that case a lot or perhaps all of the walking accidents are setup and filmed using actors in my opinion, but the last one looks genuine.
The only one you ever need to see is the cab footage of that lorry driver who killed two when ran into the back of stationary traffic on the A34 from a couple of years ago.
Designed in Japan, assembled in Italy, fiddled with in Britain

Offline SaturnV

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000A9
  • City / Town: London
Reply #8 on: 18 July, 2017, 07:44:40 PM
 :430:
Not surprised that nobody survived that one...

16 years ago my MK2 Golf (16v GTI) was almost written off when a woman pulled out from a side road straight into my car.  My passenger told me afterwards that said woman was talking on a mobile phone and her partner arrived minutes later 'out of nowhere' so that kind of proved the point IMO!

I always wondered (dreaded) how different that accident could have been had I been on a bike at the time...

And even at 30mph it made a real mess of the Golf nearside front wing an A pillar, plus serious damage to the front wishbone suspension thingy...

diverse-leafy