Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: standard mirrors  (Read 2291 times)

Online Art

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
Re: standard mirrors
« Reply #20 on: 29 May, 2020, 09:48:27 AM »
Having re-read this in the morning before the brain gets too sleepy can the CBF1300 mirrors be adjusted for width by swivelling the arm at the base fitting and then adjusting the mirror angle at the top of the arm?

If that's the case this may have been a better option when I dropped the CBF in Storm Ciara breaking the right hand mirror glass.

Offline iNCORRIGIBLE

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000-A9
  • City / Town: Maldon
« Reply #21 on: 29 May, 2020, 01:09:12 PM »
Hi,Art.That certainly seems doable.My objective however was to optimize my rear view which I have achieved by exploiting the additional arm length of both mirrors.Won't appeal those engaged in regular filtering which is a rarity for me.Have ensured mirrors yield readily to any contact other than wind pressure.Ed. :028:

Offline Classic

• Bike: CBF1000 A/T/S
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #22 on: 02 June, 2020, 07:54:22 PM »
It's interesting to see how many owners think the mirrors are so bad. Having had a 2012 Kawasaki Z1000SX for five years and never knowing what was behind me, the CBF mirrors are a huge step forward. Might still try the mod though  :001:

Offline iNCORRIGIBLE

• CBF Pro
« Reply #23 on: 02 June, 2020, 08:14:50 PM »
Hi Classic.The original

Cbf mirrors were generally OK but often found myself looking at my gear clad elbows rather than the road close behind me! For £18.95 delivered the longer armed mirrors really do improve rear view effectiveness.They do mean an increase in real width of your bike so not perhaps ideal for regular filtering .I adjust mine so they will yield at anything above oncoming airflow force.Ed.

Offline Classic

• Bike: CBF1000 A/T/S
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #24 on: 02 June, 2020, 08:22:24 PM »
Hi Incorrigible, £18.95 seems a very reasonable price. Is that for an extender or complete mirrors? Either way could you post the details here so I can find them? Cheers  :152:

Offline iNCORRIGIBLE

• CBF Pro
« Reply #25 on: 02 June, 2020, 09:08:10 PM »
Hi Classic.That's a left & right set complete,no extenders involved. See post by,"Shed " a few posts back on this subject where he shows all the contact info.Ed. :031:

diverse-leafy