Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Another Biffer in Kent  (Read 2701 times)

Offline CBFPete

• CBF Member
  • Bike: 2013 CBF1000A
Re: Another Biffer in Kent
« Reply #10 on: 23 January, 2018, 07:29:53 AM »
ok update time, as the cold has passed and this morning it was dry and lovely. well down south it is.

Owned the bike  a little while and done 4k miles on it, fitted engine bars then decided i wanted a belly pan instead.
felt the bridgestone tyres where a bit sketchy, then got a rear puncture so got them changed for Metezler Roadtec 01's and oh what a difference. Also had the rear suspension altered for my fat ass and the bike is transformed.

bad news is i dropped her last year, my worst fear was picking the fat biffer up, especially knee injury this year.
took my time and bingo she got upright again and only a front brake lever was damaged... reason to buy some bling.  also replaced the standard cans with some after market ones, think they are delkevic but who cares, my silent whoosh machine now has a voice, not a loud brash roar, but a snarl to let people know im about.

Am I happy with her yes, very much so, too the point the grand daughter has named her "toothless" as she looks like the dragon from the move, and yes I can see the likeness... but the 249kg weight still bothers me even though it shouldn.t

Offline SaturnV

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000A9
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #11 on: 23 January, 2018, 07:17:10 PM »
Nice looking bike  :028:

I got rid of the lower fairings that were on my bike when I bought her but now am tempted by the under-belly after seeing yours  :001:

Sorry to hear you dropped it but it happens to the best of us and better not to dwell on it too long; just put it down to 'one of those things'.  Not dropped mine yet although I did 'park' it in a ditch on a group ride a couple of years back.  Long story but I panicked on a country lane and pulled over to the left only to find I was a bit too far over to the left and the gutter kind of pulled my bike in  :mfrlol:  I really though I was going to drop her but luckily just managed to stay upright and pretend to all the other riders going past that it was an intentional manoeuvre  :008:

Offline CBFPete

• CBF Member
« Reply #12 on: 20 June, 2018, 04:44:12 PM »
HI guys .. think its time for an update on the Biffer.

Well this last few months she has had a bit of a make over, been to the Isle of Man TT and has not missed a beat.

Its funny to see sports bike riders complaining of back ache and needing fuel after a steady 130 mile,motorway run, and I just sit there answering well i have a 1/3rd of a tank to go and feeling like i have just got out of a sofa.

The roadtec01 tyres i have fitted are pretty awesome, but thats my personal choice, looking at Pilot 5's next.

all in all, the biffer may not be everyone ones choice, but shes sleek and smooth when you need her to be controlled and can keep those sports bikes honest if the need arises.. best purchase ever.

Offline CBFPete

• CBF Member
« Reply #13 on: 20 June, 2018, 04:45:40 PM »
As she looks now

Offline CBFPete

• CBF Member
« Reply #14 on: 20 June, 2018, 04:46:41 PM »
and another view

Offline SaturnV

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000A9
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #15 on: 20 June, 2018, 06:18:39 PM »
 :062:

Offline Brerpatch

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000/A
  • City / Town: Gillingham
« Reply #16 on: 21 June, 2018, 11:59:10 AM »
The TT was fantastic, it was my first time and I am looking forward to going back one day.
I have just moved back to the UK from France, shame the roads here are so crap!!!!

Anyone else in the area want to have an informal meet/ride out one day?

love the bike and the forum is great

Offline CBFPete

• CBF Member
« Reply #17 on: 05 July, 2018, 11:51:53 AM »
oh your in Gillingham, great hairy beasts live in north Kent.

Im up for a ride out , give me shout, know a few nice roads to play on

Offline CBFPete

• CBF Member

Offline iNCORRIGIBLE

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000-A9
  • City / Town: Maldon
« Reply #19 on: 24 June, 2019, 10:05:17 PM »
Hi CBF Pete.Love the Grand Daughters name for your bike.Mine is called,"Sheep's Clothing" which may take some explaining to her!. Ed. Southminster,Essex.

diverse-leafy