Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Another Biffer in Kent  (Read 2986 times)

Offline CBFPete

• CBF Member
  • Bike: 2013 CBF1000A
Another Biffer in Kent
« on: 25 April, 2017, 11:56:52 AM »
Hi Guys, thanks for the add.

Decided to take the plunge, my 2015 CB500f was a great bike but it lacked the thrill it once had, and over the last year this CBf1000A had been luring me in, so i took the plunge.

Now its a CBF1000ATS, registered in March 2013, 7,500miles on the clock.

shes a real dark horse, bought from a dealership and I think she may have a small electric charge/draining issue, but havent figured out if its grips or stator yet.

Only question i have is, do these bikes get hot? as she feels very hot when in traffic, I know there are 4 header pipes.. but i have not yet heard any fans kick in but have only done small trips in the 24 hours i have owned her...

Offline Biker Mike

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000FAB
  • City / Town: Poole, Dorset
Re: Another Biffer in Kent
« Reply #1 on: 25 April, 2017, 12:06:07 PM »
 :405:
If the bike is left running after a ride out, the fan should eventually kick in, usually within 5-10 minutes.
If it doesn't, it's worth investigating further.
A quick search on this site for 'service manual' should lead you to a download where you'll get a better idea what to look for in the event of a problem.

Offline ivor hugh jarse

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF 1000A
  • City / Town: Barnsley
« Reply #2 on: 25 April, 2017, 01:24:59 PM »
the fan should be clicking on if you are in traffic for they do run hot - i would be concerned until I heard it
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snake bite..... and furthermore always carry a small snake.   W.C.FIELDS

Offline Robo

• CBF God
  • CBF1000 2007-2010 built from all years!!
  • Bike: MK1
  • City / Town: By The Sea
« Reply #3 on: 25 April, 2017, 01:48:24 PM »
 :405:

They do run hot, leave it on the stand and watch and listen it should come on within 5 mins , if it doesn't kick in it will boil over into the expansion bottle by the left side near rear wheel and the water will appear from the overflow tube underneath.

You don't have a temp gauge/clock.

:028:
If theres a gap i can get through it !!!

Some people pay for an IAM... I am mad.....

Offline CBFPete

• CBF Member
« Reply #4 on: 26 April, 2017, 09:06:37 PM »
fan does kick in , everything works as it should atm and loving it

Offline Robo

• CBF God
  • CBF1000 2007-2010 built from all years!!
  • Bike: MK1
  • City / Town: By The Sea
« Reply #5 on: 27 April, 2017, 11:00:19 AM »
 :062:
If theres a gap i can get through it !!!

Some people pay for an IAM... I am mad.....

Offline PJR

• Bike: cbf1000
  • City / Town: Maidstone
« Reply #6 on: 08 May, 2017, 11:50:09 AM »
 :401: :401: :460:
*Originally Posted by CBFPete [+]
Hi Guys, thanks for the add.

Decided to take the plunge, my 2015 CB500f was a great bike but it lacked the thrill it once had, and over the last year this CBf1000A had been luring me in, so i took the plunge.

Now its a CBF1000ATS, registered in March 2013, 7,500miles on the clock.

shes a real dark horse, bought from a dealership and I think she may have a small electric charge/draining issue, but havent figured out if its grips or stator yet.

Only question i have is, do these bikes get hot? as she feels very hot when in traffic, I know there are 4 header pipes.. but i have not yet heard any fans kick in but have only done small trips in the 24 hours i have owned her...
[/quote                                                                                                                                                                               

]They do get hot  after only a short run ,the fan comes on and I can feel the heat from the engine, glad you posted this as I was not sure that it was normal, judging by the responce  youve had it appears to be normal.

Offline SaturnV

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000A9
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #7 on: 08 May, 2017, 12:35:15 PM »
 :401:

Welcome to the Fan Club  :mfrlol:

Offline Tommo2

• CBF Master
  • Proud owner of CBF 1000GT FAC, MZ 301, Jawa 350
  • Bike: CBF1000GT 2016
  • City / Town: Stevenage
« Reply #8 on: 08 May, 2017, 02:08:11 PM »
Welcome Pete,

Looks in excellent condition.

Mine gets hot very quickly, and the fan cuts in regularly in traffic. In fact when I first bought it, the red temperature light used to come on, turned out it had not been connected properly.

Tommo2

Offline CBFPete

• CBF Member

diverse-leafy