Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Harpic Max 10  (Read 2498 times)

Offline 1madboiler

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000
  • City / Town: Sunderland
Re: Harpic Max 10
« Reply #10 on: 18 April, 2017, 01:40:39 PM »
I used the mr muscle stuff as it appears to have a higher acid content (but I didn't have my readers on) 99p from wilko and my exhausts are much better than they were, I used a scothbrite pad as well to scrub. I just brushed it onto the collector and that came up lovely and bright with no scrubbing, must be the crud blasting the headers from the front wheel that causes pitting

Offline ramiller

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Mk1 CBF1000
  • City / Town: WAKEFIELD
« Reply #11 on: 18 April, 2017, 09:26:20 PM »
I too can vouch for the Harpic 10, put it on with a paint brush leave for 2 or 3 minutes and rinse off, a quick polish with Solvol and job done.
Bob M

Offline edger

• CBF Master
« Reply #12 on: 21 April, 2017, 08:07:53 PM »
I tried the Harpic max 10 today.
I think my headers  are beyond redemption the shine has gone, and the finish is more of a Damascus Steel effect ,However the rear wheel is now cleaner than the day I bought the bike!!!
Maybe a session with Solvo will bring a better result?

Offline edger

• CBF Master
« Reply #13 on: 22 April, 2017, 06:36:04 PM »
Another use ,
I cleaned the baked on brake dust off my Vitara wheels today .
Jet washing wouldn't shift it but 2 mins of softening with Harpic GOOD AS NEW!

Offline Biker Mike

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000FAB
  • City / Town: Poole, Dorset
« Reply #14 on: 23 April, 2017, 11:38:10 AM »
I gave the Harpic Max 10 a try this morning.
I poured a little in a tin lid and used a paintbrush to apply it.
I don't think 3 minutes is enough time to leave it on if you haven't cleaned the plumbing for a while (in my case, since I bought the bike 6 years ago), so I'm thinking either leave it on longer or reapply as necessary. Probably the later as I can then be more selective where I use it, but you need to wait for the intermediate rinse-off to dry out first.
Overall, the results are quite impressive given so little effort is required to use it, although I think it worthwhile wearing old clothes and putting on a pair of safety specs.
 :028:

Offline edger

• CBF Master
« Reply #15 on: 23 April, 2017, 07:10:45 PM »
It's kinda worrying what  goes on down the drain when you clean the loo with it!
And yes safety gear is a good idea you wouldn't want it in your eyes.

Offline Wanaron

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF 1000-8
  • City / Town: Cannock Staffs
« Reply #16 on: 23 April, 2017, 09:03:50 PM »
Just a word of warning- a lot of the car washes that have sprung up recently on defunct pub car parks etc-
They use this Harpic for a quick wheel clean,- works great and is quick! However over time the damage caused by the high acid content is very evident!
So the choice is yours! Personally I wouldn't go near it👎🏼

Offline Bloitz

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000A (07)
« Reply #17 on: 26 April, 2017, 05:50:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Wanaron [+]
Just a word of warning- a lot of the car washes that have sprung up recently on defunct pub car parks etc-
They use this Harpic for a quick wheel clean,- works great and is quick! However over time the damage caused by the high acid content is very evident!
So the choice is yours! Personally I wouldn't go near it

Use it once to clean your pipes then sand (if necessary) and polish them. It's not something you should do every wash.

Then either run the bike hard to make them look a bit gold and coat them with an oiled sponge (preferably while hot), or do coat them right away if you prefer the silver look.
Obviously, oil + hot headers = dangerous. Do at your own risk.
« Last Edit: 26 April, 2017, 05:52:47 PM by Bloitz »

diverse-leafy