Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hastings Direct ( I'm impressed)  (Read 2412 times)

Offline phild

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-B
  • City / Town: North Somerset
Re: Hastings Direct ( I'm impressed)
« Reply #10 on: 30 October, 2019, 09:01:45 PM »
.......and you can’t trust them.  :001:

Offline Paul-D

• Bike: CBF1000FA-B
  • City / Town: Coventry
« Reply #11 on: 30 October, 2019, 10:15:04 PM »
I agree.  But it's also how the insurance business works. There have been lots of fraudulent claims as our society moves more towards a selfish attitude of getting the most we can, which in the insurance world is a false economy, as it just pushes all our premiums up.  Then there is the issue of over competition... so insurers typically attract people with a good value proposition, then some charge extra for every little change, etc.  My biggest bugbear at the moment is the big difference in actual 'market value' verse the silly prices quoted in CAP & Glasses Guide, which insurers claim to use... but that is only an issue if your unfortunate enough to have your vehicle written off.

Offline Bluefox

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Cbf1000
  • City / Town: Leicestershire
« Reply #12 on: 06 November, 2019, 07:59:32 PM »
True story,reached its end today.Friday 25 th October en route to Hex rally we stopped at Jacks Hill café for breakfast,to cut along story short some idiot in a large van reversed it into my bike and pushed it backwards along the car park on its side.Give him his due he came and found us gave all his details and rang his insurance company to tell them what he had done.I rang Hastings direct at 11-15am and gave them details,by 12-15 they had arranged for bike to be picked up by assessors and offered a replacement bike.Bike picked up and on the 30th told bike had been assessed and report sent to Hastings.1st November advised the bike was being written off as over £3900 worth of damage, November 4th offered the full price I paid when I bought it 6 months ago.Today the 6th money paid in full into the bank.Absolutely fantastic service and I had to do nothing after registering the claim-brilliant.