Author Topic: I Believe I Can Fly ..........  (Read 7898 times)

Offline Tommo2

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000GT 2016
  • City / Town: Stevenage
Re: I Believe I Can Fly ..........
Reply #20 on: 09 September, 2016, 05:08:00 PM
Sorry to hear this Mark. There for the grace of God go us all. In fact I was nearly wiped out by a taxi driver last night. I have ordered a Denali sound bomb today! Get well soon. Hope there are no complications with anything. Good luck.

Offline Feronabiffer

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000FAC
  • City / Town: Derry
Reply #21 on: 10 September, 2016, 10:15:13 AM
What a birthday present!

Sorry to hear this but the good thing is you are still this side of the sod to tell us about it. The bike can be fixed or replaced!

Take it easy, enjoy all the pampering you can get and hopefully you'll be back on the road soon.

F

Offline Robo

• CBF God
  • Bike: MK1
  • City / Town: By The Sea
Reply #22 on: 10 September, 2016, 11:18:55 AM
 :062: saves fitting the TANK, :430:  :431:
If theres a gap i can get through it !!!

Some people pay for an IAM... I am mad.....

Offline Markytp

• CBF Legend
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS-A
  • City / Town: Leeds
Reply #23 on: 11 September, 2016, 01:18:59 PM
Ended up back in hospital as my GP was concerned about spleen damage. Following a CT scan everything came back clear - just soft tissue damage thankfully.

Have done a quick tally of the cost of the bits to be replaced and stopped once I got to 2000+ EXCLUDING the Honda mechanics time so I guess this is going to be interesting to see if they go for repair or write off.

My biggest fear is they write it off and the offer they make not being enough for me to replace the bike, I can't NOT be on two wheels.

Will just have to see how it all pans out - my first serious accident and first claim. I am though in capable hands - have got John Measures on the case.

Mark
2013 BMW R1200GS Adventure with all the toys.

Offline Biker Mike

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000FAB
  • City / Town: Ferndown, Dorset
Reply #24 on: 11 September, 2016, 01:47:07 PM
Be nice if you got enough back to buy rarch's Mk.II.
 :018:

Offline alan sh

• Article Editor
  • CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000/CB1300
  • City / Town: Rochdale
Reply #25 on: 11 September, 2016, 03:04:36 PM
That would be a bonus !
Red MK II with full luggage, MRA screen, hugger, crash bungs, heated grips and Autocom.
CB1300SA with a few bits.
https://ourbikingholidays.wordpress.com/
https://mybikinghistory.wordpress.com/

Offline Robo

• CBF God
  • Bike: MK1
  • City / Town: By The Sea
Reply #26 on: 11 September, 2016, 07:24:41 PM
Good news you ain't damaged, must be all those PIES  :043:

As for the old bike is they don't write it off you will be very lucky  ,you can buy it back but it will only be worth it to you as it will be categorized and worthless if you sell it, but worth keeping to run into the ground.bits are cheap and easy to fix.

Take the cash and buy a MK2  :028:
If theres a gap i can get through it !!!

Some people pay for an IAM... I am mad.....

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
  • CBF God
Reply #27 on: 13 September, 2016, 01:11:33 PM
*Originally Posted by Markytp [+]
Thanks everyone,

Have just spoken to John who I can't thank enough. He was literally walking out the door to go on holiday and stopped to call me.

I have asked him to deal with all aspects of my accident and I feel I'm in a very safe pair of hands.

Now I concentrate on stopping hurting!!

Hi Mark

Glad you are finding JB4 good.  He helped me with a non PI issue a few years ago, has his head screwed on good and propper unlike so many of the other money grabbing solicitors.

Putting your bumps and bruises to one side, with the physical damage to your bike I guess that your newly painted tank might not be required now - get a new one plus all fittings courtessy of the other chaps insurance :028:.  Expext to see a blue tank for sale on here soon :038: as long as the dastardly insurance companies don't write you bike off as their cheapest option :151:.

Hope your recovery is progressing.

Andy
 :149:

Offline Markytp

• CBF Legend
  • Topic Author
Reply #28 on: 13 September, 2016, 02:41:05 PM
*Originally Posted by Bifferman [+]
Hi Mark

Glad you are finding JB4 good.  He helped me with a non PI issue a few years ago, has his head screwed on good and propper unlike so many of the other money grabbing solicitors.

Putting your bumps and bruises to one side, with the physical damage to your bike I guess that your newly painted tank might not be required now - get a new one plus all fittings courtessy of the other chaps insurance :028:.  Expext to see a blue tank for sale on here soon :038: as long as the dastardly insurance companies don't write you bike off as their cheapest option :151:.

Hope your recovery is progressing.

Andy
 :149:

Howdy Andy,

Still feeling tender, have been signed off work for another week so hoping that by next week will be feeling a bit better.

Still waiting on the third parties insurance company to get an assessor out to see what we are doing. No idea whether it is going to be a repair or a write off, I've priced up the retail prices and its well over 2k without the charges for fitting etc etc.

My conscience won't allow me to add the fuel tank to the list, it was busted before the accident so I won't include it in the list to fix.

Just waiting for the wheels to turn now and I don't do being patient very well  :003:

Cheers,

Mark

Offline Markytp

• CBF Legend
  • Topic Author
Reply #29 on: 13 September, 2016, 02:42:01 PM
*Originally Posted by Robo [+]
Take the cash and buy a MK2  :028:

Might even buy a BMW or a Trumph  :001: :001: