Author Topic: Insurance Premiums?  (Read 3473 times)

Offline richardcbf

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000s Mk1/Mk2
  • City / Town: Surrey ('TW')
Re: Insurance Premiums?
Reply #10 on: 12 July, 2017, 10:11:54 PM
*Originally Posted by Biker Mike [+]
This should give you an idea how heavily loaded your premium is based on postcode:
http://www.motorcarinsuranceuk.co.uk/post-code-ratings.php
My biggest beef is with no-claims. It's awarded to the driver so why the hell won't they let you carry it between vehicles. They carry everything else across...
 :009:
My postcode (an 'F' rating in that list) is probably why I can't get what seems to be the average price paid by forum members .  :110: :161:
I also agree about it being 'unfair' to not be able to use the same NCD for more than one bike (both owned by me) on separate policies.  :023:
(No one ever said on their deathbed, "Gee, I wish I had spent more time alone with my computer." Danielle Berry.) http://hmpg.net/

Offline SaturnV

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000A9
  • City / Town: London
Re: Insurance Premiums?
Reply #11 on: 12 July, 2017, 10:31:32 PM
I agree with both of the above  :028:

Still got 2 bikes insured with Hastings but for my car policies I have got much better quotes this time with Tesco Bank (and you get Clubcard points too - Wahey!) I used Go Compare this time but I guess they are all similar based on my postcode of HA1 (Harrow, which used to be Middlesex but now classed a Greater London - and we all know what a BAD place that is lol)

Incidentally, I used to use Admiral and Bell (same group) for car insurance but for years they haven't figured anywhere on my searches so thought I get a quote from their website purely out of interest... Wow! Both quotes were more than double the Hastings and tesco bank ones.  I know it's cars so some may say  :451: but still relevant from a comparison point of view IMO..