Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 3 countries and 874 miles in one day  (Read 914 times)

Offline 1madboiler

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000
  • City / Town: Sunderland
3 countries and 874 miles in one day
« on: 27 June, 2016, 03:28:36 PM »
Completed the Lands End to John 0 Groats trip on Friday...first looong trip i have done (874 miles )and I have to say i thoroughly enjoyed it...We decided to visit Wales as well..you know because being an idiot and well its there ;-)....My bike performed faultlessly despite my best efforts and my problem with fuel consumption seems to have been fixed by the good thrash and a unconventional fuel additive...We actually completed 1800 miles in 3 days and used £165 in petrol ( and £7 in diesel)..We also raised over £3000 to buy Northumbria Blood bikes some defibrillators.
I dont feel bad about admitting I put diesel in the bike...splash and dash whilst meeting one of the group at exelby services on the A19 after 66.6 miles (I kid you not ..the devil made me do it) I topped up with derv...As I pulled out onto the A19 and gassed it my mate on his GS disappeared in a cloud of smoke..I s**t myself and thought that the trip was finished for me but as the bike was running well I carried on to next services where it was decided because of the smoke that i should not attempt the trip..I then decided to call on a local dealer..Stand up and take a bow Teasdale motorcycles in Thirsk. I told the owner what had happened ( I didnt realise I had put diesel in at this point) and he immediately diagnosed the problem, pushed my bike over to his workshop , pulled his mechanic off what he was doing, drained the tank added some injector cleaner, pushed the bike 100yds to the local petrol station ..he wouldnt take a penny for his trouble and sent me on my way..A true gent..I then raced down to meet up with the other 2 at Trowell services and on to cornwall. If any of you feel the need to donate here is our donation page link
https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/johncampey1#.V0Slz_fqUws.facebook

Offline Markytp

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS-A
  • City / Town: Leeds
Re: 3 countries and 874 miles in one day
« Reply #1 on: 27 June, 2016, 05:54:03 PM »
Followed your journey, congrats on the achievement.

Won't take the mickey out of you for the diesel - honest  :007:

Well done mate.

:028:
2013 BMW R1200GS Adventure with all the toys.

Offline Montblanc

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF 1000 FAC
  • City / Town: Geneva
Re: 3 countries and 874 miles in one day
« Reply #2 on: 01 July, 2016, 09:29:26 PM »
Good to know we have options ... diesel is cheaper than petrol over here. :300:

Congrats on raising the money.
Montblanc

diverse-leafy