Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sorry Chaps - Need Help - Lesleys Car insurance has doubled - NO Reason  (Read 3567 times)

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
Re: Sorry Chaps - Need Help - Lesleys Car insurance has doubled - NO Reason
« Reply #10 on: 28 February, 2016, 11:36:15 AM »
*Originally Posted by richardcbf [+]

Thanks everybody.  We are doing all the above things but :138:  I had forgotten about Guru Lewis so thanks again.

Offline craig81mm

• CBF Member
  • Bike: 2006 cbf1000
  • City / Town: Yorkshire
« Reply #11 on: 04 April, 2016, 08:01:43 PM »
I have just recently renewed my car insurance with Esure, the initial renewal prices was 495, when i only paid 390 last year. called them to cancel, and miraculously they could offer a whole load of discounts so i only ended up paying a tenner more than last year. :495:

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #12 on: 05 April, 2016, 10:49:43 AM »
Should have reported back with Lesley's saga.  Sun Alliance/MoreThan eventually came down to £270 so were given the offski. 

Did a bit of site comparison stuff which is so demoralising especially when you get past the initial stage and move to firming up the premium only to find it mysteriously rises again.  In the end we went with Direct Line who don't feature on the comparison websites and took their deal (which did not include 'special' introductory discounts) at just over 200 squids and for that it was for a better than a 'like for like' comparison.

What a fecking industry this is :151:, but then you do have to wonder just how many dubious punters there are out their, never mind those who don't bother with insurance at all or make fraudulent/bogus claims which pushes the rest of our premiums up.

Andy
 :149:

« Last Edit: 05 April, 2016, 10:51:51 AM by Bifferman »

diverse-leafy