Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sorry Chaps - Need Help - Lesleys Car insurance has doubled - NO Reason  (Read 3568 times)

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
Sorry this is for 4 wheels not two but Lesley is about to hit the bottle over this one.

Her insurance renewal for on a Renault Megane 1.5 diesel has dropped through the letter box.  She is with Sun Alliance/MoreThan.  Apart from a replacement windscreen last year nothing unusual, no speedies etc but her premium has shot up a staggering c.100% from£186 to £380 :156:

I know this happens occasionally in the world of two wheels but does anyone have an recent experience of this happening on a car.    Talking to the moron at MoreThan was a total waste of time.  Got Lesley going up the wall doing something with a Meerkat.   What did you do about it to reach some common sense from these complete arses at the insurance companies.

Could there be a realignment of premiums going on at the moment ?  I am baffled, Lesley is fuming and apparently it's all my fault :005:.

Thanks everso and sorry again for talking about a cage on here but at least it is in the insurance section.

Andy
 :149:
« Last Edit: 27 February, 2016, 07:23:03 PM by Bifferman »

Offline Robo

• CBF God
  • CBF1000 2007-2010 built from all years!!
  • Bike: MK1
  • City / Town: By The Sea
Re: Sorry Chaps - Need Help - Lesleys Car insurance has doubled - NO Reason
« Reply #1 on: 27 February, 2016, 07:25:08 PM »
If theres a gap i can get through it !!!

Some people pay for an IAM... I am mad.....

Offline shumba

• CBF Legend
  • City / Town: lichfield
« Reply #2 on: 27 February, 2016, 08:10:06 PM »
 I have heard somewhere that insurance companies work on the assumption that if a claim is made for any reason then it is more likely that more claims will follow on, That is worked out according to the statistics they have available to them.
 I am not of course saying that will happen in this case.

Offline Biker Mike

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000FAB
  • City / Town: Poole, Dorset
« Reply #3 on: 27 February, 2016, 08:10:30 PM »
My missus also saw an unprecedented increase on her premium. After a lot of on-line searching, she got it down to less than half with Direct Line.

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #4 on: 27 February, 2016, 08:18:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by Biker Mike [+]
My missus also saw an unprecedented increase on her premium. After a lot of on-line searching, she got it down to less than half with Direct Line.

:062: noted and will be swinging into action.

Not going to let the barstuards indiscriminately get away with this.

Anyone else because this sort od increase in premium is a total rip off :025:

Offline hondacbf

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Durham
« Reply #5 on: 27 February, 2016, 09:38:16 PM »
Try the comparison websites, you can usually get a better quote on them than going direct to an insurer.

Offline Josiah

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: White CBF1000
  • City / Town: Reading
« Reply #6 on: 27 February, 2016, 11:09:31 PM »
Mrs J shops around every year for our car insurance. In this day and age it's what you have to do.

Josiah ( still )  :125: ( and is not allowed to talk to the insurance companies, something about being rude and nasty  :012: )
I'd rather ride it than clean it!

Offline Nuff

• CBF God
  • Bike: Black A7
  • City / Town: Milton Keynes
« Reply #7 on: 28 February, 2016, 01:12:44 AM »
You always seem to get a better deal as a "new customer" than an "existing customer". Which seems totally wrong. A buddy of mine phoned up his existing insurance company, went through all the hoops etc as a new customer, then when they gave him the quote said "that's great, now explain why my renewal has just come through at double that you robbing <expletive>"
Take my advice or not, I really don't care. I'm just telling you what I think and would do on my bike.

Offline squarepeg

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • City / Town: Wednesbury
« Reply #8 on: 28 February, 2016, 08:30:39 AM »
This has happened to me in the past with my car, house and bike insurances. 3 years ago my car insurance renewal went up from around £600 to over £900. Did a comparison site check, came down to around £350. Pay less now because I changed to a smaller car.

Similar thing with the house and bike.

Do a check every year now, stopping with one company year on year is not worth it.

Offline richardcbf

• CBF God
  • Try Google (" site:cbf1000.com + search word/s ")
  • Bike: CBF1000s Mk1/Mk2
  • City / Town: Surrey ('TW')
(No one ever said on their deathbed, "Gee, I wish I had spent more time alone with my computer." Danielle Berry.) http://hmpg.net/