Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Which Leo Vince for mk2?  (Read 1982 times)

Offline knapdog

• CBF Master
  • HONDA C70C, C90,
  • Bike: HONDA CB1300
  • City / Town: Barry, Vale of G
Which Leo Vince for mk2?
« on: 20 February, 2016, 09:45:15 AM »
Before purchasing I need to check which Leo Vince exhaust to get as the internet, at least in my eyes, is giving me different types, also naming the bike as the cbf1000 ST (?)
I also notice that some are different sizes, plus round or oval.
For example:

1.  on ebay at £250 + £15 postage,  the Leo Vince LV ONE

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WINTER-PROMO-DEAL-HONDA-CBF1000-10-LEOVINCE-LV-ONE-SLIP-ON-CARBON-EXHAUST-/161974433949?hash=item25b66db89d:g:JuwAAOSwWTRWu4FF

2. CMC online shop :LeoVince EVO II LV One - Carbon - Honda CBF1000 / ST (2010-2011) £301 inc postage

http://www.cmcmotorcyclesonlineshop.co.uk/leovince-evo-ii-lv-one-carbon-honda-cbf1000-st-2010-2011#

...and loads of others at different prices.

Are the above exhausts exactly the same?

I haven't yet read a bad write up on the Leo Vince but, for me, I could really do without the yellow on the badge ! ...And I'm still undecided as to whether to go for shiny stainless steel !!!

BTW have also just purchased a Healtech exhaust eliminator.

:465:
« Last Edit: 20 February, 2016, 09:51:18 AM by knapdog »

Offline knapdog

• CBF Master
  • HONDA C70C, C90,
Re: Which Leo Vince for mk2?
« Reply #1 on: 21 February, 2016, 08:17:16 AM »
One Leo Vince Carbon now ordered as in ebay link above. £265 including postage.
Will take pics during fitting. Have noted the existing videos inc. cable removal.
Is the Healtech exhaust eliminator easy to fit?

Offline golfsharpy12

• CBF Legend
  • RG500 - 2-stroke heaven (Dum Spiro Spero)
  • Bike: Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Marlow & Gloucs
« Reply #2 on: 21 February, 2016, 09:57:24 AM »
*Originally Posted by knapdog [+]
One Leo Vince Carbon now ordered as in ebay link above. £265 including postage.
Will take pics during fitting. Have noted the existing videos inc. cable removal.
Is the Healtech exhaust eliminator easy to fit?
  You will love it - had a LV on both my Mk 2s - sounds great - looks good and there is a considerable weight saving (about 7kgs over the oem).   Enjoy

Offline knapdog

• CBF Master
  • HONDA C70C, C90,
« Reply #3 on: 21 February, 2016, 11:37:05 AM »
Just looking ahead, what do you use to keep them clean/
Are there any particular do's and don't's?

Offline golfsharpy12

• CBF Legend
  • RG500 - 2-stroke heaven (Dum Spiro Spero)
  • Bike: Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Marlow & Gloucs
« Reply #4 on: 21 February, 2016, 12:08:01 PM »
 No particular cleaning required other than that you would normally do with any finished surface.   Just  don't use anything abrasive.  I had the stainless can and just used either normal Polish or solvol  autosol if there were tar marks.

Rgds Steve

Offline Paul-D

• Bike: CBF1000FA-B
  • City / Town: Coventry
« Reply #5 on: 04 December, 2019, 02:38:58 PM »
Hi Folks,

Just aquired a nice GPR aftermarket exhaust, to gain some power, eliminate some weight, and eliminate the exhaust valve on my Mk2 2011...

So now I have the questions:

1). Is it better to keep the solenoid connected and just remove the cables... or is it better to spend £40 to replace solenoid with eliminator (such as Heal-tech EXE-HS02)?

2). Is there really a reliability issue with the std Honda Exhaust solenoid (e.g. on models 2011 onwards)?
- Who's had this fail, and at what mileage, bike age on a Mk2?

I'm not sure of the logic of putting a 3rd party IC module on, which might eventually fail Vs the Honda OEM part.

Thks in advance of all views.

« Last Edit: 04 December, 2019, 02:41:52 PM by Paul-D »

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • -
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
« Reply #6 on: 06 December, 2019, 10:32:17 PM »
You've replied to an rather old post, but in the spirit ...

1) Either. Removing the cables just works (full stop) [proviso - it was fully working & serviced beforehand].  'Some' eliminators have been reported (here) to play up a little.

2) Not if you maintain the cables.  Odd ones have siezed cable/s (could lead to motor failure).

You won't gain power, if anything it'll cost you some low end grunt (and maybe a little more fuel).
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline Paul-D

• Bike: CBF1000FA-B
  • City / Town: Coventry
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 12:08:33 AM »
Thks JM2.  I posted here, due to continuity of the 'eliminator' subject... but then discovered there were other more appropriate threads for that subject.  :)

Decided to refit the servo, instead of going for an eliminator.  Did some research, and like you say, if the exhaust valve or cable doesn't seize the servo is reliable, so with cables removed it should be at least as good as an eliminator.  And there's no significant weight saving.

I've seen mixed info on replacement of std exhaust with after market.  Most claim a small power and torque increase... at lower revs for roadbikes and at higher revs for race bikes.
Manufacturers claim the exhaust valve is to increase torque at low revs... but the general view is... that's a marketing spoof... and the real reason they are fitted is to reduce noise at certain rev points to pass homologation tests.  Most claim there is no increased torque benefit with one fitted. 

If it uses more fuel there's no risk of overheating... though most claim better mpg without remap but with aftermarket exhaust.  Anyway, will check it and see how it runs, then get it tuned at next service.