Author Topic: Bore scope  (Read 1924 times)

Offline shumba

• CBF Legend
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: lichfield
Bore scope
on: 19 January, 2016, 07:31:42 PM
 This will no doubt appeal to the more technically minded and those familiar with bore scopes ,At one time bore scopes were for the
 trade only,  because of the expense of them ,The one I have plugs into my laptop and is invaluable for looking inside the engine at oil change time and checking for any swarf or metal particles on the oil pump intake or in the lower crank case,At plug change time it goes into the cylinder to check the bores and for any pitting of valves or the seats,its also handy for looking at hidden hard to see places.  They have become very cheap in the last couple of years and for what they cost it can be a very useful bit of kit , when they  are needed for fault finding they can be worth their weight in gold.

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
Re: Bore scope
Reply #1 on: 20 January, 2016, 07:21:07 AM
*Originally Posted by shumba [+]
This will no doubt appeal to the more technically minded and those familiar with bore scopes ,At one time bore scopes were for the
 trade only,  because of the expense of them ,The one I have plugs into my laptop and is invaluable for looking inside the engine at oil change time and checking for any swarf or metal particles on the oil pump intake or in the lower crank case,At plug change time it goes into the cylinder to check the bores and for any pitting of valves or the seats,its also handy for looking at hidden hard to see places.  They have become very cheap in the last couple of years and for what they cost it can be a very useful bit of kit , when they  are needed for fault finding they can be worth their weight in gold.

Oh if only they had been available 50 years ago I would have saved myself many a painful (to my wallet) experience! However to-day as I no longer have a lap top and with the reliability of modern machinery I think I will give it a miss - but it would be fun to have one for looking around corners and trying to find that nut that fell down inside the bike while working on the bike or car!
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.

Offline shumba

• CBF Legend
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: 20 January, 2016, 08:24:06 AM
*Originally Posted by Rev Ken [+]
Oh if only they had been available 50 years ago I would have saved myself many a painful (to my wallet) experience! However to-day as I no longer have a lap top and with the reliability of modern machinery I think I will give it a miss - but it would be fun to have one for looking around corners and trying to find that nut that fell down inside the bike while working on the bike or car!

Times really have changed with impact wrenches, diagnostic readers, bore scopes .  The times have changed for sure.

Offline Robo

• CBF God
  • Bike: MK1
  • City / Town: By The Sea
Reply #3 on: 20 January, 2016, 02:17:01 PM
Ah DR Shumba

Come and sort my piles out Mate   :192:
If theres a gap i can get through it !!!

Some people pay for an IAM... I am mad.....

Offline shumba

• CBF Legend
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: 20 January, 2016, 02:24:46 PM
*Originally Posted by Robo [+]
Ah DR Shumba

Come and sort my piles out Mate   :192:
Rob get yourself a bore scope it will be dead handy for checking them out ,just make sure you rinse it off afterwards . :001:

diverse-leafy