Author Topic: New engines  (Read 2055 times)

Offline shumba

• CBF Legend
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: lichfield
New engines
on: 14 January, 2016, 06:36:30 PM
 I dont know if there is any one interested in engine development if there is then the new generation of internal combustion engines
 that are being developed at the present time may be of interest to them, The new engines will be 4 stroke poppet valve engines same as at present , the difference is that the new engines will have no camshafts ,cam belts or chains and no valve springs .
The poppet valves will be opened and closed by electro magnetic solenoids giving infinite valve control for timing lift and opening duration, this will result in far more power,  less fuel being used and more reliability with only one revolving part, the crankshaft.
 The benefits of such an engine in a bike will be immense ,much lighter weight ,more power ,smaller size, and no more valve shimming. I dont have any idea when these engines will go into production when they do it will be a massive move foreword for bikes.

Offline Biker Mike

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000FAB
  • City / Town: Ferndown, Dorset
Re: New engines
Reply #1 on: 14 January, 2016, 07:22:39 PM
Any on-line links to these new generation engines Dave?
So far, I've only found this (in the last 5 minutes)
http://jalopnik.com/what-its-like-to-ride-in-a-car-with-the-camless-engine-1529865968

Found this also:
As is the trend with all modern engine systems, the camless engine has an even greater reliance on sensors. The valve actuation and control system typically needs a manifold pressure sensor, a manifold temperature sensor, a mass flow sensor, a coolant temperature sensor, a throttle position sensor, an exhaust gas sensor, a high resolution engine position encoder, a valve/ignition timing decoder controller, injection driver electronics, valve coil driver electronics, ignition coil driver electronics, air idle speed control driver electronics. electronics and power down control.
( http://www.slideshare.net/royalmadan1/camless-engine-by-royal-madan-vivek-kumar )

So much for KISS
Last Edit: 14 January, 2016, 07:31:58 PM by Biker Mike

Offline shumba

• CBF Legend
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: lichfield
Reply #2 on: 14 January, 2016, 08:11:01 PM
 Sorry Mike I dont think there are any links to any more info at the moment.  The development work thats being done is very secretive with no body giving much away , I think the stumbling block up to now has been the valve opening rate ,up to around
 5000 opening and closing a minute, and the speed of electricity being a limiting factor ,I think that with the development of super conductors its now a new game ,making for a lot more possibilities.  Technology is now moving at a rapid pace with some mind blowing stuff on the way.

Offline richardcbf

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000s Mk1/Mk2
  • City / Town: Surrey ('TW')
Reply #3 on: 14 January, 2016, 08:28:11 PM
This stuff interests me  :028:

If you're open to looking at other 'alternative' engines, this may be worth a peek....
http://www.libralato.co.uk/technology/alternative.html
(No one ever said on their deathbed, "Gee, I wish I had spent more time alone with my computer." Danielle Berry.) http://hmpg.net/

Offline PEMCBF

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000Fa-B 2013
  • City / Town: County Durham
Reply #4 on: 15 January, 2016, 07:16:25 PM
Did I read somewhere about a new type of 2 stroke engine being developed?
2013 Mk2 CBF1000F C-ABS. White & Black. Front fender extender. Rear Hugger. Headlight protectors. Fehling rear rack with Givi 30L top-box. Ermax lower fairings. Bagster seats. MRA vario screen. R&G Aero crash bungs. Heated grips. Radiator guard. Beowulf carbon exhaust. SW-Motec bar-risers. Fiam horn. Scotoiler. Acerbis handguards.

Offline Robo

• CBF God
  • Bike: MK1
  • City / Town: By The Sea
Reply #5 on: 16 January, 2016, 11:33:27 AM
*Originally Posted by PEMCBF [+]
Did I read somewhere about a new type of 2 stroke engine being developed?

So I heard with valves. :084:
If theres a gap i can get through it !!!

Some people pay for an IAM... I am mad.....