Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: BATCH 2 - Footpeg Hanger Protection/Worn Paint cover-up 'Carbon' Vinyl Stickers  (Read 3737 times)

Offline richardcbf

• CBF God
  • Try Google (" site:cbf1000.com + search word/s ")
  • Bike: CBF1000s Mk1/Mk2
  • City / Town: Surrey ('TW')
Sorry guys. I've received several 'personal messages' over the past year or so about these and instead of replying individually, here is an update.

There are NONE left and I don't plan to produce more, but if I did I'd have to ask at least +50% higher £, which might not be considered realistic versus your own DIY? *
The last batches were possible at the price due to a combination of:
- a 'favour' from a supplier to my wife's employer (as was) who has industrial size vinyl plotter/cutter machines, based 50 miles from my home.
- My time being available for sourcing, buying and driving several hundred miles overall to deliver and (for the lowest cost), plus manual 'weeding' (removal of surrounding vinyl from the required shapes), packaging, labeling and posting.
- my employment at the time being based from home, which changed, from 2016.

*As an alternative you could 'DIY', as I originally did for the first few, until quantities wanted made that impractical!
i.e., Buy the material, printing the (A3 sized) template for all shapes on one sheet (there's a .pdf document attached to one of the replies on this forum, courtesy of a forum member), cutting knife, cutting board.
Yes, it's a right faff.
I did consider buying a, £700 cost, vinyl plotter/cutter machine (cos I like technology/tools & diy projects) but that would be taking a 'hobby' too far and my good lady wife already dislikes the 'mess' I've made of the spare (bed)room using it as an office/workshop! :-)

Cheers,
Richard
(No one ever said on their deathbed, "Gee, I wish I had spent more time alone with my computer." Danielle Berry.) http://hmpg.net/

Offline Tommo2

• CBF Master
  • Proud owner of CBF 1000GT FAC, MZ 301, Jawa 350
  • Bike: CBF1000GT 2016
  • City / Town: Stevenage
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the update. Could you reveal the source of the vinyl please? I will have a hunt on the forum for the template.

Tommo2

Offline chay

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Red 2014 MkII GT
  • City / Town: Tranent
I ordered 2 from Richard a while back and have only used one set.
If it is of any help I can lend you my spare set for a template.

Many thanks to Richard for creating these in the first place  :152:

Chay
Full luggage, Metzeler Z8s (lots of tread left but squared off after 5k miles).

Offline MrB

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Leeds
Thanks for the update.
Can you give details of vinyl used, ie thickness and supplier.  We did buy some from Ebay along with a scalpel but it looked amateurish and edges were quite rough.  We did use the template we found on forum.

I'd be happy to pay whatever, as it is better than looking at the scuffs.

Cheers
Steve

Offline richardcbf

• CBF God
Here is the source of the template (I've also attached the .pdf document here), courtesy of forum member Ardi  :123:
*Originally Posted by Ardi [+]
initially i did arrange them to use in my cutter that using least vinyl and that is why the art-board size was irrelevant.
anyway I rearrange them to fit an A3 paper print.
here is the file:

http://www.invado.com.au/cbf/CBFswingarmstickerA3.pdf

by the way the scale on the drawing i correct as long as you print it 1  to 1 scale.
if you have only an A4 printer, then you need to mosaic print on few A4 paper and then align the drawing and make a poster of the whole.

The Vinyl that I bought was described as 3d carbon (or 4d carbon) and after trying some very cheap stuff (awful quality) sought out vinyl the 'thickest' (heaviest weight) matt (not gloss) finish 'weatherproof' / '5 years' or greater outdoor life, self-adhesive. Colours were 'Dark Grey' and 'Black' (your personal preferences will vary but I went with the one that complemented the bike's frame colour).
My suggestion, do NOT buy based only on the lowest price and ONLY buy if the thickness (e.g., 'x'mil or 'x'mm) is stated!  I can't remember the thickness that I bought, but 0.3mm as a minimum.

Here's somewhere to start:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/dsc/i.html?_sop=16&_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=1&_nkw=3d+carbon+vinyl+matt+%28%22dark+grey%22+%2C+black%29+weatherproof+years+mm+adhesive
« Last Edit: 14 June, 2019, 07:17:17 AM by richardcbf »
(No one ever said on their deathbed, "Gee, I wish I had spent more time alone with my computer." Danielle Berry.) http://hmpg.net/

Offline MrB

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Leeds
Thanks for the information.  I will have another go and hopefully can get them better next time.

Offline Tommo2

• CBF Master
  • Proud owner of CBF 1000GT FAC, MZ 301, Jawa 350
  • Bike: CBF1000GT 2016
  • City / Town: Stevenage
Thanks Richard  :031:

Offline DW44VH

• Bike: 2009 CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Hamilton,Ontario
Thanks to Richard for the update, if anyone decides to DIY please consider making an extra set for me. Obviously will pay all costs associated with production. Cheers! Also did anyone ever do the same with the dash cover and triple tree? The used to be available in carbon but I cant find them to save my life.
Cheers from Canada!

Offline richardcbf

• CBF God
A correction to (the typo) in my last post....
"My suggestion, do NOT buy based only on the lowest price and ONLY buy if the thickness (e.g., 'x'mil or 'x'mm) is stated!  I can't remember the thickness that I bought, but 0.3mm 0.2mm = 200 microns as a minimum."

Ooops, sorry!  :034:

diverse-leafy