Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: They want more money??  (Read 2783 times)

Offline shumba

• CBF Legend
  • City / Town: lichfield
Re: They want more money??
« Reply #10 on: 28 October, 2015, 07:38:10 AM »
 I understand that its a no claim bonus, And has nothing to do with who is at fault when a claim is made . If you make a claim  its a black mark against you even if you are the innocent party, Its a no claims bonus and not a no blames bonus.

Offline richardcbf

• CBF God
  • Try Google (" site:cbf1000.com + search word/s ")
  • Bike: CBF1000s Mk1/Mk2
  • City / Town: Surrey ('TW')
« Reply #11 on: 28 October, 2015, 08:44:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by Biker Mike [+]
I noticed an ad on the box tonight showing that LV= now does bike insurance.
News to me.
I'll get a quote from them next time mine's due for renewal as I already have the car and house with them.
Problem being, I think I'm going to be in Spain at the time.
Maybe some of the others on the forum will provide feedback on LV's quotes in the meantime.
Incidentally, they underwrite their own policies.
Andy, last thing I want to be doing whilst enjoying being on tour abroad is ringing around or spending surfing time looking for insurance quotes.
Surely, like other insurance companies, they will provide a quote up to a month/28 days  before renewal date, so will you be outside the UK for longer than one of their quotes is valid and/or how is that a different situation to renewing with existing insurer?  :084:
(No one ever said on their deathbed, "Gee, I wish I had spent more time alone with my computer." Danielle Berry.) http://hmpg.net/

Offline Biker Mike

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000FAB
  • City / Town: Poole, Dorset
« Reply #12 on: 28 October, 2015, 09:04:08 AM »
I'm not losing sleep over it Richard.
Unless LV can offer the same package as CN or a significantly lower premium, I'll probably stick with CN anyway.
No doubt I'll have this organised before I go away just for peace of mind.

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #13 on: 28 October, 2015, 10:31:55 AM »
Andy, last thing I want to be doing whilst enjoying being on tour abroad is ringing around or spending surfing time looking for insurance quotes.

ABSOLUTELY FAIR ENOUGH I'm with you 100% of the way :028:.  I keep telling Lesley something on similar lines when we go away but she is freeking wedded to her bloody Handy (That's German speak for mobile for those who don't understand :001:).
« Last Edit: 28 October, 2015, 04:17:38 PM by Bifferman »

Offline richardcbf

• CBF God
  • Try Google (" site:cbf1000.com + search word/s ")
  • Bike: CBF1000s Mk1/Mk2
  • City / Town: Surrey ('TW')
« Reply #14 on: 28 October, 2015, 12:21:19 PM »
Back to the Topic.....

Why reporting insurance 'incidents' can cost you dearly
By Bob Howard Reporter, Money Box
31 August 2013

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23903966
(No one ever said on their deathbed, "Gee, I wish I had spent more time alone with my computer." Danielle Berry.) http://hmpg.net/

Offline 1madboiler

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000
  • City / Town: Sunderland
« Reply #15 on: 29 October, 2015, 11:34:32 AM »
Watch also for non disclosure of windscreen claims. When the wife had an accident just over a year ago we put the replacement car in my name to maintain my no claims etc. 3 years earlier I had claimed when my screen cracked, no forms were filled in or formal claim submitted but it was down as a claim. Could have been very tricky if i had submitted a claim.