Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Can't wait to wear my tyres out.  (Read 5400 times)

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional.
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
Re: Can't wait to wear my tyres out.
« Reply #10 on: 02 October, 2015, 09:57:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by edger [+]
I know I will get flamed for this comment BUT  not everybody can afford to dump a useable set of tyres.(unless you can stich them into someone else on e bay) :mfrlol:
Although I can recommend a set of Conti Sport Attack if one isn't to worried about wear rates
Personally I don't think you can't afford not to change tyres! The pain of coming off a bike is far more than the pain of parting with money for a far superior tyre even if there is life left in what are now very inferior tyres. PR4s for me, so much better in the wet!
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.

Offline wolverine495

• CBF Member
  • hi from nottington
  • Bike: CBF1000,GSXS1000
  • City / Town: Weymouth
« Reply #11 on: 02 October, 2015, 10:45:14 PM »
personally i don't have a problem with the bt57's. Sure they are not as grippy as the pr4's which i had on my other cbf but
they suffice, you just have to be aware of the levels of grip offered by the tyre.

I will however be changing them for something different and not michelin pr4's which I found to wear badly, i.e. the treads peeled back on the front and rear tyres, so I suspect I will go for bt023's or t30evo's or pirelli angel gt's.

Having had 2 set's of pr4's on my previous cbf i was not  that impressed with their wear performance and felt they went off
badly neaar the end of their life due to the inconsistent wear pattern, very sticky tyre tho, in fact noticeably sticky when you
first get them.

by the way I use the bike all year round in all weathers and i am not a sunday morning blast person, it is used to commute to
work as the bike is designed for.

Offline Swanny

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: Bombay Duck
  • City / Town: Shire of Wilts
« Reply #12 on: 03 October, 2015, 01:55:04 AM »
I didn't enjoy the PR4's on my 600 as much as I did the T30's  :018:
Life... It's Just a Ride :730:

Offline Robo

• CBF God
  • CBF1000 2007-2010 built from all years!!
  • Bike: MK1
  • City / Town: By The Sea
« Reply #13 on: 03 October, 2015, 10:01:08 AM »
*Originally Posted by Swanny [+]
I didn't enjoy the PR4's on my 600 as much as I did the T30's  :018:

I heard you sold the CBF1000  :261:
If theres a gap i can get through it !!!

Some people pay for an IAM... I am mad.....

Offline dugfish

• CBF Member
  • Bike: cbf1000 08
  • City / Town: irvine
« Reply #14 on: 03 October, 2015, 05:31:32 PM »
i have the bridgestone on my lady , they were Honda's choice and think they should be fitting better tyres to new bikes , 4500 miles later and they are nearly shot even the front  :182: pilot p4s for me had them on my last biffer n were brill  :047:

Offline 954martin

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A9
  • City / Town: Surrey
« Reply #15 on: 03 October, 2015, 09:47:55 PM »
Wow, popular subject tyres. Great advice mostly. I always found the 57's ok previously, but yes confidence lost now. My mate was behind me on his CBF on 30mile old T30evo's and he had no issues. Nor did my mate on his Multistrada in front either. New hoops definitely on the shopping list but will have to wait for a bit of overtime!
 Do tend to ride within my abilities after 20plus years and I'm not the only one saying the 57's are poor in cooler temperature's. However you are welcome to come over from sunny Spain to cold damp UK and show me what I doing wrong, I'm always willing to learn.
Thanks for all the advice chaps.

Offline lew600fazer

• CBF Legend
  • living in France and not happy
  • Bike: 2013 Yam MT-09
  • City / Town: La Sauvetat
« Reply #16 on: 03 October, 2015, 10:31:44 PM »
From sunny Spain and also the frozen North of England one has plenty of rubber laid down and on bikes with a bit more grunt than a CBF. Were B57's standard fit on the Mk2?surely not? My 58 plate Mk1 had them and although not the best thing out there by a country mile but I had no real issues with them. I did replace them about 4k in , only because the front was taking on a funny wear pattern , PR2's were the tyre of choice in those days excellent tyre.
Fazer 600 S1 2007
Black CBF GT 2008
Z1000SX Tourer2011
Fazer 600 S2 2013
FZ1 2009, MT-09 2013

Offline Robo

• CBF God
  • CBF1000 2007-2010 built from all years!!
  • Bike: MK1
  • City / Town: By The Sea
« Reply #17 on: 03 October, 2015, 10:43:31 PM »
Budget Made Bike supplied with Budget tyres.   :028:

If theres a gap i can get through it !!!

Some people pay for an IAM... I am mad.....

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
« Reply #18 on: 04 October, 2015, 05:22:43 PM »
57s no.  My Mk2 had (and still has) Conti - RAs on it from the factory.

PR4 are all well and good for commuting but don't offer performance over earlier variants - which for some sizes are still available.  I'd be looking at PR2s or PR3s for my riding - or even some more continentals but I'm aware they are pricey compared with the competion and don't offer a deal more.
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline 954martin

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A9
  • City / Town: Surrey
« Reply #19 on: 04 October, 2015, 06:27:35 PM »
Yep 57's fitted as standard when I purchased my MK2 new with 2 PDI miles on it! 64 plate and not pre-reg. My mate really likes his T30 evo's so far.